IGNORED

Original Key Blanks

1 Bravo 6

Well, Well, WELL !!!!

Seems we have a little controversy going on here.

Those of us who have purchased the club's Microfische CD, check out the misc. page. It shows that;

There are 4 Master key types, = key 00-00016

= key 00-00017

= key 00-00018

= key 00-00019

Waso type steering lock, = key 00-00028

Voss type steering lock, = key 00-00034

Reversible key,

L type, = key 00-00050

R type, = key 00-00051

The above information, taken from the fische, suggests to me that the key or keyS required, might differ between models and perhaps location.

With my keys, the ignition key is rounded at the top, flattened on the bottom

(as it goes into the ignition).

All remaining locks are operated by a Reversible R type.

ALL LOCKS AND IGNITION ARE ORIGINAL.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Further, with regard to the lockable fuel flap, these were standard, not aftermarket or an optional item on Australian market Datsuns during the Zed sales era. INSERT EDIT: I made an error here by not properly reading Unkle's post and misinterpreting the content in my response. Inaccurate off track responses do not help this discussion. Sorry.

This might be one of these items where the location of the person posting onto a thread might need to be taken into consideration when evaluating the information offered.

Dave , carefull ! I said '' keyed gas caps '' are aftermarket , not fuel flap locks !

I don't think it could be clearer . Second , I've been locksmithing for years,

and in 90 % of the case Datsuns in North America made POST 1971 are

keyed alike per car. Why would Datsun / Nissan cars have a single key code , found on a tag , in the glovebox ? Please try to be more accurate , as I'm trying to

help and not start a stupid flame war over stupid keys :tapemouth .

Who cares what the Americans had, this is a thread about AUSTRALIAN cars. :cheeky: ROFL

My 240Z was the same - one key for ignition and another for the rest. The 240K is the same.

Don't think that was ever specified in any of 1 Bravo 6's posts.

Who cares what a 240K has, this is a thread about Z's! :laugh:

My sincere apologies Unkle and I concede your points on the fuel cap and that keys are certainly much more in your area of expertise than they will ever be in mine.

I have to profess that I have had some confusion over the keys advertised on Ebay as I could not see how those advertised seem to be suited to Oz ignitions. Sorry that my computer skills do not allow me to post pictures of what I have on one of my original ignition keys.

I'm still hurt , and I don't think I'll be able to get over this .

Alright I forgive you. Now to mention a worse bastardization , my 1970 Z

is fitted with GM door locks ! This type of lock uses a sidebar , so

no one's Datsun key can be ''wiggled'' to try open the door !

Don't think that was ever specified in any of 1 Bravo 6's posts.

Who cares what a 240K has, this is a thread about Z's! :laugh:

Unkle should, as he posted "ALL Datsuns made past January 1971 had ONE key to fit all locks , a double sided key". That is why I posted the extra bit of information.

P.S. It's quite obvious Rick lives in Australia, and went to a key shop in Australia, which supplied key blanks for Australian delivered cars.. My comment was obviously in jest, you need to learn how to take a joke, mate.