IGNORED

240K GTR Flares

240K&Beyond

I got the first cast made from Challenge Fibreglass from original

C110GTR moulds, this is how he has obtained replica's (albeit indentical anyway!)

Item to note; even if they do fit a sedan, if you don't want the wheels to get lost in the flares, the sedan rear wheel arch will need to be tubbed, just like the coupe`! And THAT is a nice job!!! Re-fabricating the rear wheel arch, door locking mechanism, etc. I took a long, hard look at this one and said, thanks very much, but...".

Too much mucking around re engineers, etc, however, if the funds are there, by all means give it a shot.

Cheers, James

ps; pretty much all my Datsun stuff is sold now, except a mint 240K steering wheel, and I just found the passenger seat handle that enable forward tilting (the one that is closest to the centre console)

Driving a 1970 Valiant VF 770 sedan with a trick 318 V8 nowadays, doesn't handle as well as the K, but she knows how to take off!

I have just called Phil from Challenge, He has been unable to find a front or rear spoiler for a 240K. There was something in his Database, but it indicated they were waiting on someone to provide an original to make a mould from. (It's not looking good so far)

I let him know that ther are 6 people interested in the side flares. He is still looking for the moulds.

Datsfun/Preet - He does not have anything for a 180BSSS, but he thinks he knows someone that might. I will keep chasing him up for you.

Everyone - As soon as he has found the moulds, I shall let you know for final orders.

• 2 weeks later...

James,

what happened when you got your GTR flares copied? did he charge you for making the moulds etc.. did he wreck your originals

i may be getting (fingers crossed) a fibreglass copy of the rear wing and front lip, would be interested in getting a mould made up somewhere for future safety... and it would be good to have all of them available at the one place (and possibly get us discounts for 240k members :)

Hi Kent,

I have just had a chat to Phil at Challenge. He says that it is not that hard to make moulds and it probably would not cost you anything. Especially if the four of us that are interested in getting flares are keen on the front and rear spoilers too.

He prefers the items to be in good condition and unpainted. But painted will work, it's just that during the mould process, as it shrinks, it is possible that the paint could be damaged. It has happened only once or twice before. But generally, all is good.

He has asked to be sent some pictures of the spoilers. Do you have some? or should I just send him some fitted pictures from other peoples cars?

As for the Flares, he is still looking for the moulds. I explained to him that I would like to hurry this up as I am moving to Sydney at the end of the month. Even after telling him that 4 or 5 people are interested, I think we will end up getting them in his time - if you know what I mean.