IGNORED

Warning! - WIAT can strike you

Victor Laury

My car is no longer running. It's now just a big pile of pieces. Why? Cause the dreaded WIAT syndrome has struck hard.

I reported last week that my brake booster went south, and started working on that.

WIAT hits

Last year I bought spray cans of color matched paint for the engine compartment, So If I'm going to take the booster off, "While I'm At It", I might as well disassemble the rest of the engine compartment for painting.

"While I'm At It" - It's time to address the battery area rust

"While I'm At It" - Might as well replace these brake lines'

"While I'm At It" - this engine room harness needs some cleaning up

Now my once beautiful car is spread out like a fish fillet. Careful you all, WIAT could strike you next!

my problem is a little bit more extreme. its more like hmm looks like i need a truck, mioght aswell save a boatlaod of money on it, buy an old one to restore so hear i am with a Zed and a Truck to restore ... whats to come next.

definitely related to the IMAW's.

as long as i have the heater box out to replace the valve, I Might As Well boil out the heater core.

as long as i have the heater core out, I Might As Well clean and paint the box and replace all the gaskets and relube the hinges and control cables and replace all the hoses etc etc etc..........

if it's your daily driver, these diseases can be fatal.

if it's your toy, you take the time and just smile as you're doing it.

if it's your daily driver, these diseases can be fatal.

... .

I have the same fear, so that is why I am doing they IMAW while I still have a DD to use. I have 7 weeks to get the Z ready before I move and my fiancee takes over my DD as her own. I am lucky in the fact that my job is pretty low key for the next 3 months and I have time to work on my Z each day.

It's down to the frame, suspension and the engine at the moment, but as soon as i finish the interior and inside of the car I will be over the hill and can finally see the end of the tunnel.

BTW, IMAW and WIAT (or WIAI) should be a registered problem for car-o-files and have it's own support groups :squareeye

It's too late for me, but fortunately I survived. Bought my Z for $300, and the WIAI and IMAW bug hit hard. At least I'm done now (mostly!). All it took was time & money, lotsa money! I've kept all the receipts, but I am afraid to add everything up. Might put me in a coma or something due to shock...

Yep , this is the infection . I was just going to replace the ring gear on the flywheel and WIAI , I figured it would be a good time to detail the engine and engine bay . Well almost 3 years later I now have new floors , paint , engine , wireing replaced . But she is back on the road . This is why I tell new Bs to drive the car for a while and do the safety things first and enjoy the ride befor diveing in on a redo.