IGNORED

Ugly

sakijo

the green 810 with the ice scraper scoop (don't let SBlake see that one)

Enrique, less time watching those cartoons and more time looking at cars!! ROFL That's a Celica.

It's easy to understand their inspiration - of course - but understanding WHY is a different thing. I guess the Japanese have always been known for their eccentric sense of style... there are stranger car crazes!! (e.g. those big batman vans)

I'm still perplexed as to why they would be allowed on the road.

E

Believe it or not, these guys go to extreme lengths to make the cars pass the bi-annual (once every two years) safety inspection. Although the Government has gotten a bit lenient in the past few years, it's not uncommon for people to swap out engines and take off body parts that are not legal prior to inspection. Once they pass inspection, it all goes back on and they're good for another two years. Sounds crazy, I know, but as long as you have current paperwork, the cops don't care.

In the old days, my friend used to patronize a shop that would make your car legal and rent you the necessary parts. Once it passed inspection, their parts came out, and your parts would go back in.

OK, last lot for now. This is Bosozoku style. Cars done up to look roughly like "race cars". I don't quite get it either...

Looks a little more like "Bozo" style to me! For those of you from Down Under and other lands, Bozo was a clown on a TV show for like 30 years. LOL!!

Marty

Looks a little more like "Bozo" style to me! For those of you from Down Under and other lands, Bozo was a clown on a TV show for like 30 years. LOL!!

Marty

Don't know how many Americans know him either...he was primarily a Chicagoland icon.

But man, he made tossing a ping pong ball in a bucket a darn good time.

Geez!...dunno what it says about me and television, but I know BOZO was Willard Scott, who later created Ronald McDonald for Golden Arches, and wound up being a weatherman for one of the American networks. I vaguely remember his clown show, and I even have a "Bozo approved" record on the shelf!!:laugh:

It's funny that we were talking about Bozo last week. This past week-end WGN had a 2 hour special that looked back on the history of the Bozo Show. It was really interesting to watch, especially some of the early shows. Many of the jokes were laced with adult humor, which really made us laugh. The original Bozo was played by Bob Bell for over 25 years.

Ahh, it brought back a lot of found memories.

I still think those cars look like a clown should be driving them!

Marty