IGNORED

Rear Disc Brake Conversion

Tommo560

I took some photo's of the R31 Skyline/Pintara rear brake set up as I was pulling it from the car at 'Pick a Part'.

I couldnt manage to pull out the axles, not that I tried very hard. I gave up after a while, it was a 38 degree summer day.

Is there a special way to pull the pintara axles out? Or did u just use brute strength?

Axles were out on the car I found, the pic of the completed hub is from a car next the one I got the rear off. I noticed your in Melb. Go to the pick a part in Cambellfield next time. There were heaps of R31's there withaxles pulled out and brackets just lying around next to the cars. I counted about 7 cars.

Good Luck

Axles were out on the car I found, the pic of the completed hub is from a car next the one I got the rear off. I noticed your in Melb. Go to the pick a part in Cambellfield next time. There were heaps of R31's there withaxles pulled out and brackets just lying around next to the cars. I counted about 7 cars.

Good Luck

Thanks mate. Appreciate the help.

I am also interested in putting vented rotors on my zed, does anyone know of a company that sells them? Most sell only solid rotors.

Cheers Ben.

The Z32 was an upgrade from the VTCommodore/Pintaraset up. I retained the Commodore Front rotors DBA blanks. The size difference is minimal.The hardest part was to make up an adaptor plate for the brakes to fit on. I did the measurements and had them CAD drawn and then cut from 10mm plate.The rears, unless you use the internal h/brake, required an additional H/ brake system. The rear has the Z32 brakes with aftermarket H/break and standard Z32 vented rotors and two brackets. All up much improved to the Commodore/Pintara setup.

what sort of price did it end up costing you? do you have a rough estimate of the diametre of the two rotors used off the top of your head? y z32 not skyline? was it hard to cente the holes you drilled or you just double checked it alot?

as sad as it is, at this stage i'm just after it really for the looks to fill some 17" rims, plus braking faster would b nice although i know i dont REALLY need it at this stage (although am planning to eventually purchase a halfcut and was thinking about using the brakes off it), so trying to weigh up the options, and am begining to think along the lines of doing things properally the first time more and more, although $100 for an r31 rear setup from a pick a part doesn't sound to bad!

is it expensive/legal to go for a hydrolic handbrake at the same time? just for a bit of fun :D

• 2 weeks later...