IGNORED

RB25 240z - Australia

Brycey

Nice looking car. I wish the rb engines were easy to find here in the states.

thanks mate :)

yeah iv been told that the RB's are a rare find over in the US, i guess thats why you guys are always putting in them big V8's :P i had a great deal of trouble finding my engine, and its still not what i wanted. originally i was looking for the Neo RB25DET VVT which would have been great, wish i found one, but it took me 5 months ( no joke, daily searching) to find what i wanted, i eventually found this engine, has around 8x xxxk's on it which isnt the best, but there isnt much you can do, time was running out. iv had this car since the beginning of 05 and the conversion started and this is where its up to now, obviously there should be alot more progress down but had alot of trouble finding an engine. like i said, in the end i got this one, got it without turbo, turbo manifold, ECU, AC and wire harness just so i could save some cash, so i got it for $2200 AUD, should be quite good when shes done :)

another update - i had the Greddy RB25 air intake manifold on order for a while now but it turns out that they no longer stock this item ANYWHERE which isnt good, so i soursed out another type of intake manifold and i found a XMS ( i think thats the brand name, cant remember exactly, i just remember that there was a X at the start and it was 3 letters long) and this item was significantly cheaper and apparently proven better then the greddy intake. anyway it shows up and it was horrible, worse polish job on it, no runners, it was just the plenum, so i sent it right back because it wasnt what i wanted. after much more sourceing i found a guy that makes custom intakes from scratch that is ment to be " 10 times better then the greddy intake" so im getting him to send me some pics of some products he has made and it looks like this is the direction ill be going, one of a kind intake :) very unique so im likeing it :) anyway ill get some newer pics up soon hopefully

Brycey: I'd be a bit skeptical of any "one of a kind" intake manifolds. What engineering, testing and development has gone into them, or is it just a case of "looks about right mate"? The engineers that design these things for living at the car manufacturers have a hard enough time getting the flow to each cylinder just right....

Brycey: I'd be a bit skeptical of any "one of a kind" intake manifolds. What engineering, testing and development has gone into them, or is it just a case of "looks about right mate"? The engineers that design these things for living at the car manufacturers have a hard enough time getting the flow to each cylinder just right....

exactly my thoughts when i was first told about this guy, but like i said im getting pictures sent to me from him on products that he has currently made before and he is a well known creator of these products, but its not asif im going to jump in without getting detailed information on what sort of design and research has gone into these, heck for all i know he could be livin in a caravan making these out of newspaper and toffey apple from designs he bought from ebay ROFL but i will make sure its a good product before i spend any money on any of his products rest assured :) no dodgy product coming near my car :finger::P

:D

Good to see.

What sort of power level are you aiming at? I'd be thinking unless you're shooting for some BIG power, the $ would be better spent elsewhere. I suppose the aftermarket plenum will have the advantage of simplifying the intake piping.

:D

Good to see.

What sort of power level are you aiming at? I'd be thinking unless you're shooting for some BIG power, the $ would be better spent elsewhere. I suppose the aftermarket plenum will have the advantage of simplifying the intake piping.

im not aiming for massive power, after all i still want it to be driveable on a semi-regular basis :P but the reason why im getting the aftermarket intake is for 2 reason, first of all like you said about simplifying the pipework because of the front mount intercooler, an aftermarket intake will make it alot more straight forward, much more efficient and simple, but to also add some more torque to the final result.

also i have been told that i would get more power out of it if i sent the same amount of money that i would on an intake, if i spent it on such items as cam's and cam gears. but you dont need to modify anything to install such mods, if i was to stick with the standard intake then later down the line move to an aftermarket one then i would also have to get the intercooler pipework re-done. but none the less once the engine is out again and its at the body shop im going to consider such things as internals, cam's and all those goodies because the engine will be out and easy to work on

i realise that its not a necessity because the standard one is still very good, but i like to stand by the saying " do it once, do it right" hehehe.

another update, heres the new guages :)

[drool] autometer ultra-lite serise, all electronic guages, full sweap speedo ( with KMPH! OH YEAH!!), tacho and water[/drool] i love them, still need to get the oil guages but that will come in good time, anyway enjoy

img21551ef.jpg

img21571xm.jpg

img21596sd.jpg

img21606fs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Brycey,

I would be interested in the manufacturer of the exhaust manifold.

My father has an RB30 turbo (with Motec M48) in his 1976 260Z & is in the process of a turbo upgrade (GT35).

Quick reply with details would be greatly appreciated.

Brycey,

I would be interested in the manufacturer of the exhaust manifold.

My father has an RB30 turbo (with Motec M48) in his 1976 260Z & is in the process of a turbo upgrade (GT35).

Quick reply with details would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there, your fathers car is not red is it, with simmons wheels & recently featured in Zoom magazine?? If so very nice car!

I am building a RB30det for my '72 240z, and i have a GT35R for it, ideal turbo IMHO. Just read a post on Hybridz from a guy who has one on his L28, and when he punchs the gas at 65mph it lights up (i cant remember wheather that was in 3rd or 4th gear?) :-)

• 4 weeks later...