IGNORED

SU Help 72 240Z

Miles

Regardless of how long it has been....

"If you don't have 'em, consider installing grose-jet float valves."

This is something you should NOT do. I just ordered OEM float valves from Bruce (just received them in the mail Bruce, thanks)...these are just fine to replace worn out or gummed up float valves. I was simply missing one small clip that holds the needle from falling out....since I had originals, I just got some OEM ones, along with 2 new lid gaskets for the float containers, for $39 shipped. Better than any other price, I would recommend Ztherapy and Bruce for these parts. I checked around, and for japanese hitachis, this is where I would get them. Everyone else, you have to purchase either at the dealer or in a rebuild kit.

Grose Jets have been found to be overall defective--they have a high rate of 'sticking' in the open or closed position. Most owners with these will carry a ball peen hammer with them to 'hammer' the float bowl to release the ball bearings on the grose jets. NOT recommended!

I had the carbs set too rich and the other problem was that the hose that goes from the float bowl to the jet/needle valve assembly on the bottom of the carb got trapped by the air box such that movement of the jet was resricted. As soon as I freed the hose the engine ran fine.

Miles,

i know that you seem to have cured your problem but i was curious to your explanation. So was the hose kinked from the float bowl to the carb nozzle? The reason I ask because my carb did the same thing and it was a hose that was kinking.