Classic car destruction. - Page 3 - Racing - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Classic car destruction.

Featured Replies

Nope... I'm pretty confident that's an old AMX.

Tom

Well, let me see, here is the entire Group 6 grid from Road America's site and it lists every car. All listed as DNS (did not start) due to red flag at start of race and race not restarted. I don't seem to see an AMX in this list. Do any of you? Looks to be car #86 driven by Bruce Leven which as stated is a Corvette.

Sorry to rain on the AMX parade. If you look at ALL the pics of this car you'll notice the funky hood in one pic, and the curvature of the door sill is classic Corvette.

Chris

You're right - if you look at this pic it's clearer. Definite 'vette door, the "Stingray" badge is still on there too...

  • Author

Its a vette.

Heres a clearer picture without the gurney in the way. You can tell it's a vette by the shape of the door, and the fact that it's a firbreglass shell that has cracked open in places, like that crack running up the roof, and how the door had a large hole in it. Metal dents, firbreglass cracks and comes off in chunks.

46317623.bf071705025.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It's that non corvette back window that's screwing us all up... I never thought a vette could be confused for an AMX, but I guess I was wrong..

It looks like it is number 86, Bruce Leven's 69 Corvette...

Tom

Yes, it's definitely a Corvette. Fiberglass pieces missing everywhere and yes, I see the Stingray emblem. The rear window and deck are so flattened out and misshapen that it doesn't even look like a Vette. A total loss.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.