IGNORED

Rotisseries

zman525

Hi i was wondering what would be the cheapest, easiest way to make a rotisserie or if anyone has one located near massachusetts (yah right) that they are willing to get rid of. I would love to have one because i want to restore my 280z properly and with some ease. Im sure i could just make one with some time but maybe one of you has a superb way of doing it :lick:

Those are some pretty good plans. I would however increase the structural integrity of the vertical and horizontal tubes (#1) with a diagonal tube. On mine I had too after I noticed it was starting to sag. Also do a search here in the photo gallery and go to zcar.com and do a search you will find several pictures and plans for rotisseries.

When I built mine I used nothing less than 1/4 wall tubing. This piece should be over built. After all you are hanging a "CAR" on it. Safety is the issue here. You don't want the car to fall. You especially don't want the car to fall on you!!!! The few extra bucks it will cost is well worth it.

I paid Kmack for mine-his price with shipping, and his experience making them was cheeper than spending my time to collect, buy, cut and weld all of the pieces. I could not have built them for what I paid for them and shipping.

I did modify them slightly-I added a pair of side rails and a support for the inside leg, and four bolt on axles that will accept 8" wheels(in both pneumatic and solid tires)- so I can load the car on a trailer, and push it around the yard or the driveway-even the neighborhood if the mood strikes!

Will

Great idea Will, I like the ones that Ken makes but love the idea of the larger wheels.

zman525, I'm with beandip as for cheap and what your life is worth. However I believe what you really mean is inexpensive. ;) There is a difference but most people, including myself, just say cheap.

In any case check out this page and see if any of this information and pix help you out any...that is should you decide not to get one from Ken.

http://www.pape.ws/allan_and_rosanne/Z-Car_Stuff/Rotisserie/

Found another set of plans that's more like a double engine stand configuration. Probably a little bit less expensive to build than the previous set of plans I posted. Looks to be pretty sturdy tho....If I remember right it wants to print out at 11x17, so you may need to have it printed somewhere. (I.E. - Kinko's, Office Depot, Office Max...etc...etc)

webdawg1

rotisserie_blueprint.pdf

Will, I'd like to see pics. I found an expert welder who will work for $10 an hour and says he can build just about anything I can get him plans for. So the steel is probably going to be the most expensive part. But wheels are a necessity. Want to be able to roll in and out of garage, because any welding needs to take place on the cement slab and not in my log garage with wood floors and ceilings. Visions of my log home going up in smoke. Yikes. Gary D