IGNORED

How Close Are Our VIN #'s

Zrush

Ok... I'm a new owner of a 1979 280Z fairlady RHD It was shipped to the USA from japan my Vin is # GS130010881

Where can I find more info on this car?

Thanks, Chris.

A good resource should be Jim Jackson, VP of New York Z Car Club:

Jim260@NYZCC.org

His is a 260 2+2 RHD, but he is a very knowledgeable and amiable

guy who I am sure will do everything he can to help you.

All Z Best,....................................Kathy & Rick

ok - after reading all of this, and looking at the online registry - I am totally confused..

My 1971 is HLS30-42662 with Production Date of 9/71, Block L24 -54474

My 1972 is HLS30-94792 with Production Date of 7/72, Block L24 -176715

None of these numbers seem to make sense to me, as my 71's closest relative on the registry is a production date of 02/72 (and it AINT a 72, no way shape or form). My 72's closest relative on the registry is 73 with a production date of 7/73. Am I doing something really wrong here in looking over both my numbers, titles, dash and door plates?

My 1972 is HLS30-94792 with Production Date of 7/72, Block L24 -176715

If that engine number is 176715 - it came out of a 73 240Z and is not the original in your car. Take the engine number off the data tag in the engine compartment.

176xxx series engines are found in cars with build dates of 05 or 06 of 73.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Thanks Carl - Wouldn't surprise me if there was a swap in that one. I am still confused on the model/year stuff in the registry.. Based on equipment, etc my 71 is a 71 (ashtray, window glass, carbs etc) and 920 wasn't available in 72 if I am correct..

None of these numbers seem to make sense to me, as my 71's closest relative on the registry is a production date of 02/72 (and it AINT a 72, no way shape or form).

There simply are not enough cars on that registry to fill in all the blanks between.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Thanks Carl, I would have thought they would be sequential (or at least in some way sequential).. Still love the cars, and although they are becoming "collectables" I love mine for the memories they have brought and will bring - which makes them priceless.

Too bad (but good) there aren't so few we can't get all of the data together

• 2 weeks later...