IGNORED

New and improved! Bimonthly poll of the month

hls30.com

What Zcars do you have? counting works in progress, but NOT parts cars!  

327 members have voted

1. 1. What Zcars do you have? counting works in progress, but NOT parts cars!

• 240Z Series one bone stock
    • 240Z Series two bone stock
    • 240Z customized
    • 260Z bone stock
    • 260Z customized
    • 280Z bone stock
    • 280Z customized
    • 280ZX bone stock
    • 280Z customized
    • 280ZX
    • 280ZXT
    • 300ZX(T) (Z31)
    • 300ZX (T, TT) Z32
    • 350Z
    • It aint a Z anymore!

I think the customized numbers are high because of the strict no upgrade policy on bone stock!

Should I move my car from the stock class to the modified class then? You don't have to answer. It is a rhetorical question. I highly doubt that everyone that voted in the bone stock class have by the definition "bone" stock cars. I am not saying that just about the new tires, batteries, oil filter, etc. I am saying that all of them are probably not all completely stock cars.

Mick, your car looks really nice and clean. I love the red, the wheels, and the fact that you have a NISSAN V8 is just cool. Are there quite a few Z's with the 4.4.Ltr nissan V8?

-Ben

[quote name=so i take it a zed is beautiful from every angle till u change the engine then its just a plain ugly duck

mick

Now, I never said or would say that! The only things that can make a Z ugly are owners who over or poorly do bodywork, or have no concept of safety or a finished look

There was a yellow 280ZX that looked like it had a Catipillar snow plow for a front end-Huge airdam-the car was made to look ugly because of the overdone bodywork. (I could not find the link)

There is a 240Z running around the low country that has huge unpainted flairs haphazzardly and visably siliconed on, thin wheels with massive spacers to move them out to the flares, an open exhaust, and a really glossy paintjob-right over dents, dings and rust, that is ugly! (I cary a camera in the car to catch a picture if I see it again-we need a poster child for what not to do to a S30)

Even a body mod that doesn't do it for me(the ZG flares) can be done well, and look good.

I personally like the look of an completed and well executed RB, V8, in a Z-but I must admit, the L6 looks pretty fine in one too! In my 240Z, I would prefer to have Nissan parts when I upgrade using non-S30 parts!

Will

PS, sorry for the missing 10%!

V12Horse,

When you really get down to it, a bone stock original could not be driven on the street, it would have to be a garage/trailer queen-Nissan has never supplied a license tag that was approved by any government as standard equipment from the factory.

Will

I highly doubt that everyone that voted in the bone stock class have by the definition "bone" stock cars. I am not saying that just about the new tires, batteries, oil filter, etc. I am saying that all of them are probably not all completely stock cars.

-Ben

For "modifications" sake. My 240Z IS bone stock. For example a modified battery would be like the Optima Red Top Gel Battery but my Z has what is considered to be a stock plain old black Nissan battery. The oil filter is a Nissan (with Japanese writing :classic: ) rather than a K&N or Fram. Tires are what would have been simular to 1972 standard issue. I classed my 240Z as "bone stock" because it has been restored as close as possible to plain ol' stock with what equipment PierreZ's could install. Notice I didn't say the "F" word so as not to offend anyone :cheeky:

Vicky

Well I have the z as seen in my gallery and in my avitar to the left but I now have another `71 240 that is being made into a F prepared car. I am building it with a friend. We are boring the block (L28) 40 over and using an E31 head, ported and polished, larger valves and a stage 4 cam (.495-290) and 45mm Mikuni's. The car will require race fuel as the compression ratio should be around 14:1. There will be a roll cage that ties to the strut towers through the fire wall, into the trans tunnel, ect. It will have flares and 16x10 wheels with Goodyear 23.5x10.5x16 R250 tires. I have 5 diffs in the garage right now and will run the ratio that is most appropriate for the race we are running (4:38, 4:11, 3:90, 3:70, 3:54). When the car is finished it should be right around the minimun weight of 2100 LBS. I am very exicited about this project; however, it has just started and will be around 2 years to complete (money).

Ah yes Will, I forgot that darn plate, ruins the whole car. I guess I better check modified LOL . Speaking of that plate (not wanting to hijack the thread either) I wonder why Nissan used the 350Z "Z" design rather than the original "Z" on those. The 350Z would not be out for another 7 years.

Vicky