IGNORED

"Easy Out" bolt remover?

Ricklandia

Chris, Go to the WD-40 web site. Read the MSDS. I'm am most certainly NOT a know it all. When I make a post on this site I speak from 40+ years experience. Never in my life will I ever claim to be an expert on anything. I am open to learning anything and everything I can about things that interest me. By the way, Her Majesty looks great. With your knowledge I expect to see the most perfect Z car on the planet when this project is completed. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

For what it's worth , I agree with 26th, Ed, and bambi K . Kroil and PB Blaster is in a completely different league for this application. WD-40 isn't close. I like the kroil first . Mainly because the Blaster stinks to high heaven. Works great but really smells up the garage. My garage is attached to the house and in the winter with the garage doors closed and all it stinks up the house . If I use vary much or it. About the '' E Z '' out they should change the name . I have never found them easy to use and if you snap one you will see what we mean. Good luck. I too have been working on cars a long time. I am 66 and started at 16 , you do the math. I learned about these two products about 4 years back and havent used WD since , other than to spray it on Salmon bait. Gary

Gary,

I see what you mean about the PB smell, not that I object. My wife, on the other hand, came in from the garage in a panic as she thought something toxic had sprung a leak. And that was with the garage door having been open the entire day. Of course, it's been raining for 6 days straight so the humidity has been like a sauna. I didn't see Kroil on the shelves at the local parts place, but I'll keep an eye open for it. Gonna let things soak for a few days and see if it helps. I did find an EZ-out set at Sears and will heed everyone's advice. I can definitey see that snapping one off would be "not good".

A bit off topic: since I have the front suspension apart, were the parts originally painted from the factory or bare metal (ie steering knuckle, sway bar, tie rods, etc.)? I'm not shooting for a show car resto, it's just that some of the parts show signs of having paint on them and I'm curious if I need to recoat them for preservation purposes or if it's only cosmetic.

Gary,

I see what you mean about the PB smell, not that I object. My wife, on the other hand, came in from the garage in a panic as she thought something toxic had sprung a leak. MY WIFE HAD THE SAME REACTION . LOL A bit off topic: since I have the front suspension apart, were the parts originally painted from the factory or bare metal (ie steering knuckle, sway bar, tie rods, etc.)? I'm not shooting for a show car resto, it's just that some of the parts show signs of having paint on them and I'm curious if I need to recoat them for preservation purposes or if it's only cosmetic.

As for the painting of the suspention . Yes it was painted at the factory . As to weather to repaint , WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT . I did with POR gloss black , gloss cleans off easier and I had some on hand after floor repairs. Gary