IGNORED

How to Modify Your Nissan&Datsun

sahunt66

How to Modify Your Nissan&Datsun: Ohc Engine

by Frank Honsowetz

If you have this book, what do you think of it? I'm thinking of buying it if for nothing else than for interesting reading. My Z is stock but I'm interested in doing performance mods here and there over time.

Thanks,

Steve

I have the book, although I haven't really gotten to use it much, I have other more important aspects to complete first. If you like "How to Restore your Z" and "How to rebuild your datsun engine" then you will definately like this one. The format and setup is very similar to the other 2 books, just different content

There are several "motor" books which are useful to have. This is one of them. As the title says it covers a variety of modifications.

There is another book called How to Rebuild Datsun/Nissan OHC Engines", which is more geared to stock rebuilds (and very minor modifications).

One thing to realize it that there is the original printing and then an '84 reprint out there. I have heard that the original is better than the reprint. I personally have the reprint (just got it but haven't read it yet)...and the originals go for a large some of cash on eBay...like $80+ :surprised

If anyone here is willing to part with an original printing for a FAIR price, not an eBay price, please let me know. :)

One thing to realize it that there is the original printing and then an '84 reprint out there. I have heard that the original is better than the reprint. I personally have the reprint (just got it but haven't read it yet)...and the originals go for a large some of cash on eBay...like $80+ :surprised

If anyone here is willing to part with an original printing for a FAIR price, not an eBay price, please let me know. :)

The book you are referring to is the "How to Modify Datsun Engines & Chassis", and your info is correct regarding the two versions. The original book has 240 pages and was published in 1973, the Reprint has only ~180 pages.

Just keep your eye on eBay. Two years ago I found an original HTMDE&C book (in extremely good & clean condition) being auctioned by a "book seller" (that is a person who sells books, not a Datsun fanatic) who listed it with a opening bid of $10 and a Buy-It-Now of $12.50 + $4 shipping.

Obviously, I snagged it immediately. It had only been listed for about 50 minutes when I bought it.

The Frank Honsowetz authored "How to Modify Datsun/Nissan Engines" book is a completely different book.