IGNORED

Hit and run...advice

SavannahZ

On the other hand WTF is up with the Dodge van guy

Given the circumstances, I think it would be really hard to prove a case with the van. There were no witnesses. I'm sure people saw it, grimaced, and kept walking. His bumper sustained zero damage besides the paint smudges. It probably was the van, but I can't even say that besides a fishy scenario that he did it either...convenient...but not a 100%.

If you already reported it, that's all you can do, but I suspect that even with the "case closed" the record of the event will still remain in their files. Businesses don't usually "delete" anything from their files. It may still be used against you when it comes time to renew your policy. The insurance company IS NOT your friend.

I don't doubt it for a second. The rep said it was being recorded as a "no fault". Time will tell.

I'm suprised that aftermarket fender is so inexpensive. I would have thought it to be double/triple that amount.

---Jonathan

I do have comprehensive and they said it would cover it.

The driver of the van is from mexico with so-so english skills. I did ask him and he said no...

The bad thing, is that I have to keep parking there and this is my daily driver. I have been parking in the area for a couple years now with no incidents.

Bubble wrap?

Custom foam cover?

Burly bodyguards with Z's tattooed on their biceps?:)

Call your insurance company. 2 months after I got my brand new camaro. I had it parked at my girlfriends house and at about midnight one night a car full of drunk mexicans pulled up, and got out and threw a beer bottle right into the side of it. I chased them untill they went around the railroad arms infront of a train, I thought better to live with a scratch then to die! All in all my fender needed to be repaird and repainted and all of the car had to be reclear coated! $857 later it was done. Insurance paid for it all and all was good.