IGNORED

350Z-Style Stubby Antenna on Early Z?

Pennyman

That antenna would look good, but in a different place...probably in the center on the roof, either right before the hatchback....or at the front (top of the windshield)...if I were you, I'd just spend the $80 on the modern electric antenna that replaces the one you have now, hook to modern radio, it goes up / down depending upon you turning on your radio.

At some point in the future you're more than likely going to regret changing the antenna, cause I know that I if I came out to see your car, and you were selling, I'd walk away for the antenna being changed (unless the car was THAT good that I couldn't refuse)...you get what I'm saying though.

Peace,

Hehe trust me, the power antenna that broke was NOT the original, it was a $40 unit from JC Whitney.

Im not in a hurry to stick an antenna to the roof, but I'm interested in some of what you guys have said. The glovebox idea sounds quite interesting...

I'll keep everything you've said in mind, but please keep the insights coming.

with the 350z antenna idea

all the antenna is a screw into a small mount on the car

a lot of the new cars are coming like that

we have the toyota kluger,kia rio same as and the 350z of cause

but you should be able to find one at your local motor acc shop

rob m

Hmm, alright.

Another reason why I think this little antanna would look sweet (especially on the rear quarter, not the roof) is that it will give the illusion of a spoiler, when you don't really have one....maybe im just retarded, hehe...nvm.

Thanks for the input. Keep it up, you guys are great.

so the antenna you're frustrated with is from JC Whitney....I would seriously consider getting your replacement from Nissan or I would purchase a replacement from Motorsport Auto...Whitney isn't known for high quality stuff, they essentially get the cheapest parts from their suppliers that they can....the MSA antenna is much higher quality, should give you years of pain free operation...my 72 240z has the original antenna (so its Nissan OEM) and it still works perfect...so it might just be a bad experience with JC Whitney.

I'd do like others here have said...just have your stock antenna in the down position, but have it disabled and go with the glove box or rear window antenna and try that. But DON'T get rid of the stock antenna hole...you'll regret it, unless you're going to modify your car extensively.

Enough! Have a great weekend, all!