IGNORED

350Z-Style Stubby Antenna on Early Z?

Pennyman

Hey guys, I got myself a power antenna about a year ago, and it just decided to bite the bullet. Whenever I turn on the stereo, the antena makes one "click" type noise, but the motor does not run to push the antenna up. Same when i turn the stereo off. I'm tired of the extra hassle.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a stubby short rubber covered antenna like those seen on the 350Z or S2000 and use it on an early Z. I'm going to the Nissan dealership today to see if they can order an antenna, but if you guys know a little more than me, please let me know. However, I haven't seen anyone with that style of antenna on this forum yet, so, I might actually be the first to do something on a Z, yay! hehe. Any help or insight is greatly apreciated.

check out Motorsport Auto they have the antenna you're looking for; they also have a lot of other good parts...request a catalog when you order your antenna...I'd just call their 1-800 number, describe what you want, ask how much and shipping, and get one...the catalog is free if you order something and it is definitely worth it...pretty sure the antenna you're talking about is relatively inexpensive (or at least fair market value).

Have a Zed day!

I actually already have their catalog, and I checked through their selection of antennas, but it seems all they have are the manual and automatic full size antennas. Perhaps you know something I don't. I attached an image of the general idea of what I'm looking for.

post-4910-14150795025396_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input. I found a couple little stubby antennas on ebay as well, though many of them are just the tips. I've also thought about the hidden antennas that you've mentioned.

How do you guys think this would look on an old Z? (locustom.com) 31 bucks on ebay for this slick little number.

post-4910-14150795036739_thumb.jpg