IGNORED

240Z with 502 big block

Hrududu

LOL so you don't know what it means!!?? Anyway i'm tired of you always agueing with me, I could give a $^!# about your view, pretty much all you ever do is post funny bones and get on peoples nerves. This will be my last post to you, i'll be the better man and leave. feel free to distroy my name when i'm gone!

Jerry: The early Scarab's were known to be a bit nose heavy, but that was corrected at some point. Modern V8 installations can be done several ways (alloys, engine sizes, heads,, locations, etc) that can get pretty close to 50/50 F to R weight balance.

Thanks for the education on the V8 conversions. I was not aware of the development of the cars beyond the conversion itself. :stupid: I guess it just makes since that folks interested in this type of transformation would take it to the next level over the years and not being a fan I have not followed this development. You have just "expanded my horizons" and I will look at them in a new light. As we developed the 00029 car the engine was moved back about 6" the battery ended up in the right rear and the alternator behind the drivers seat, all in the pursuit of balance. :ermm: JLP

Cremmenga, in my post I talked about personal opinions. We're all entitled to them. Mine is no better than yours or anyone elses. When one tries to force that opinion down my throat that's when I get edgy. But I don't get into this personal attack thing (anymore) because all that does is lead to where your are, especially if you tend to be thin skinned. And yes you were offended, it's obvious by your posts in this thread. Especially that rather unnecessary one with the exclaimation points. Carl was just giving you what you asked for. No one is here to impress anyone with their knowledge. We all can learn. That's why I come here. Now, does anybody remember what this thread was really about?

So What Is The Question ? Do You Want Some One To Clapp Or What? There Are Alot Of Hybreds Out There.

After sorting through the jabs and cuts I have gained some insight about V8 conversions from this thread. (Thanks Carl) Although they still do no appeal to me I have gianed some respect. It takes at least two to tangle folks and it seems we want to blame one person for the misdirection of this thread. :( Not the case! In my "opinion".

This thread seems to have been appropriately listed under Modified Z Cars. Now that being said: POINT OF ORDER! :geek: JLP

We also need to be a little more lighter in our replies to everyone, not just to "purists" or "new people" or " been around for a bit but still not too sure" or "I like the look of those, can I make a comment without getting my head bitten off".

I have been flamed before on here (lucky if you haven't) by a member and it really was about nothing. I got my gander up about an issue that I really couldn't care less about. What got me was that it wasn't anything to do with zeds. But yes as most of us are persons of the so to speak "free world" you can do as you want...say what you like yes.

You have posted a great thread in the correct section and still get pissed on. What has this place come to. I have great respect for those members who have in depth knowledge of these cars, but it is a shame when they have to fire shots. Does it serve any real purpose....yes it does. It just says to new members that maybe they can't be bothered contributing to a open, free and generally informative forum. What a sad place this will be if that happens. But what is more concerning is that the people who type these flames I think really don't mean half of what they say. Some are just plain angry for some reason or an other or so it sometimes seems sometimes. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here, just what I feel that I have to say.

Yes you have the right to not contribute, many have done just that. Yes you have the right to flame me with all you got. I will listen to you. I have lots of time to.

So, I'd love a blast in that beast down the 1/4 mile. Do you think they'll bring it over to ruapuna drag strip in New Zealand sometime soon :laugh: Thanks for posting it and thanks for keeping this site for whom it is intended, zed lovers from every niche there is.

Lets all try to make this place a better site than others. It just starts with us...no one else.

Happy happy joy joy!

I'm a member here as well as at HybridZ. I know that this site is geared more for the purists, so I post stuff about V8's there and search here for general Z information such as brake upgrades, interior stuff, etc. It looks like everyone has their own ideas of what you should or should not do to a Z, but most of us want to make at least some improvements (like electronic ignition, triple webers, etc). I just happen to have taken it one step further and put a V8 with a 6-speed manual in my car. I didn't turn it into a dragster, didn't destroy the handling, and I didn't cut the car up to make it fit. I just made it a little faster, and in my opinion more enjoyable and reliable.

I enjoy all Z's and think that everyone could be a little more tolerant of what others are doing with their cars.

Just my 2 cents. :nervous:

I'm a member here as well as at HybridZ. I know that this site is geared more for the purists, so I post stuff about V8's there and search here for general Z information such as brake upgrades, interior stuff, etc. It looks like everyone has their own ideas of what you should or should not do to a Z, but most of us want to make at least some improvements (like electronic ignition, triple webers, etc). I just happen to have taken it one step further and put a V8 with a 6-speed manual in my car. I didn't turn it into a dragster, didn't destroy the handling, and I didn't cut the car up to make it fit. I just made it a little faster, and in my opinion more enjoyable and reliable.

I enjoy all Z's and think that everyone could be a little more tolerant of what others are doing with their cars.

Just my 2 cents. :nervous:

That is what i want to do with my car! Keep it the same retro look with the joys of modern performance. I would love to talk to you on the phone, i am looking into engines right now. If i could call you some time and talk to you about what all had to be done for you and how much of a pain it was, i would be in your debt forever!LOL Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

That is what i want to do with my car! Keep it the same retro look with the joys of modern performance. I would love to talk to you on the phone, i am looking into engines right now. If i could call you some time and talk to you about what all had to be done for you and how much of a pain it was, i would be in your debt forever!LOL Thanks hope to hear from you soon.
Check out my web site listed in my signature, and feel free to email or PM me with any questions you have (I'm hard to reach by phone).