IGNORED

240Z with 502 big block

Hrududu

cremmenga, ....whatever. Tell me all you know about Z's. If got a spare 5 minutes.

Not alot, thats why I'm here asking questions! As I'm sure you did when you first got your Z, or were you born with this knowledge? Time left for future talkes with Bambikiller = 4.47 mins.

I tried to interject a little humor to lighten up this thread earlier but I have to now take a stand. I have owned Z cars since 1972. I still have what was my first new car, my 110 red with white interior 1972. I also still have my 1970 I purchased in 1976 it is and has been a road race car. I recently found this site and have greatly enjoyed following the threads and starting some of my own. I took a look at the big block Z in this thread and having built and raced Z’s marveled at the engineering and craftsmanship although it is not my cup of tea. I am 52 years of age and don’t want to be considered a senior member, recent member or judgmental member. I just enjoy being a member. Would I ever consider putting a V8 in a Z no but so what!!! I’m sure a lot of Z owners would cringe at what I have done to the 00029 car. Now for you young and old members alike share your ideas and thoughts and maybe we can all expand our horizons. Where is fantasyland anyway? ROFL

I will agree with you JL Purcell, I don't really like the car either, but he was just showing us the car and that was it. You do have to admire the work put into something like that though, To bad i don't have the money they put in to that, in my Z man that would be a cornering, ralley, car from hell!! Oh and by senior members I didnt' mean age I meant how long/ how many post, sorry.

To bad i don't have the money they put in to that, in my Z man that would be a cornering, ralley, car from hell!!

Actually from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) the V8 Z cars become straight line cars for the most part due to weight distributions issues etc.. I guess that’s one of the reasons they don’t appeal to me having enjoyed autocrossing my 72 and roadracing my 70 Z car. I like the feel of a well balanced car, responsive and nimble. But to each his own. This thread is under modified Z cars! :surprised

True true my friend, I have read some about this conversion and I do like the v8 conversion idea but i was worried about weight like you. After talking to many people that have done this, they say you can easily fix this prob. Some guys said, put the battery in back, aluminum heads ect. and maybe a few more minor adjustments and you have the same as factory weight ratio. I was thinking I bet mine is off slightly right now, I have a L24 engine in it now and I took out all the smog junk, and I am taking out the A/C this weekend. should help!!LOL But i do hear you, you have to love the hills and curves with these wonderful cars!!!!

Jerry: The early Scarab's were known to be a bit nose heavy, but that was corrected at some point. Modern V8 installations can be done several ways (alloys, engine sizes, heads,, locations, etc) that can get pretty close to 50/50 F to R weight balance. One of the more common set-ups is described in the "Jags That Run" How to Manuals for small block Chebbys. http://www.jagsthatrun.com/ They also sell installations kits. A V8 Z car dos not have to have compromised road handling. The guys over at www.HybridZ.org do some pretty amazing custom installations of various V8 motors, and to hear them tell it (last year at their Rio Vista, CA event) there is NO reason to settle for poor weight distribution in a V8 S30 Z car unless you "must" stuff the largest engine you can find into it.

The one linked to in this thread has a Chevy big block, and a 9" Ford rear end (among other trick drag racing bits) Seems IMO to have been purposely built to Drag race. I couldn't find anything describing weight bias.

Man, why do you have to be so anal retentive? I do have 2 manuals, both of which said sh*t about the trans fluid. And as far as getting under my car and looking, i can't really do that I am off at college as i have told you before and can't just walk out my door and look, I have to drive an hour home to do that! So get off my back!!!

My apologies for that poor choice of words.

What I should have said was " the response from Beandip didn't need to be so rude."

It's remarks like that from you "seasoned" club members that makes the newer members hesitate to contribute.

Greg

THIS IS RIGHT TO THE POINT . CONTRIBUTE THAT IS WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR . TO BE ABLE TO HELP ONE ANOTHER WITH THE Zs OF THERE CHOICE. hOWEVER THERE IS A WEB SITE DEDICATED TO HIBREDS , HELLO ! THIS IS NOT IT. THATS ALL . I DONT KNOW OF ANY ONE THAT KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT THESE CARS , WELL VARY FEW ANYWAY. ALLEN FROM THE UK. IS ONE OF THE MOST IMFORMED . IF WE GET INVOLVED WITH HIBREDS WE MIGHT AS WELL INCLUDE MUSTANGS AND HONDAS. SORRY FOR YOUR THIN SKIN. :tapemouth :rambo:

If I even thought you knew what anal retentive means I might be offended by that!! and i said " sometimes i use it because i'm in a hurry and sometimes i use it to be the same as the others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!