IGNORED

Great deal on 240 & early 260Z Tokico illuminas with springs Brand new! (Ebay)

Jayru

I can I've had my rears bottoming out for more than 6 months and been too broke to fix my suspension. I was gonna finish the stroker motor first but decided there is no point going fast if the suspension is stuffed.

I've been working again got a new job and almost got enough cash together just gotta make the right decision I think both Koni's and Tokico's are good but the Koni's are a little bit more expensive don't come with springs but are probably a bit better in the long run if the car gets used on a race track. However I think you'd have to be a pretty hardcore racer to really notice a difference and I'm still a n00b :).

Besides by the time I "NEED" to change the shocks over I'll probably no longer be a uni student and working full time and it won't be as much money as it is to me now LOL .

I ordered a set of Tokico HP's this morning from xshocks. Shipping is $94 with an extra $4 for insurance on top of that. 26 pounds of weight. I ordered my springs a while back and have them sitting in the garage from shox.com. Xshocks are much easier to deal with from Oz using Paypal although they don't answer emails. I had to ring them.

The quote I had for shipping my springs by airmail was $130, but I chose surface mail at less than half the price but takes 6-8 weeks. Oh and these numbers are in $US.

• 3 months later...
I don't mind the red springs myself or yellow they look fine to me.

I'm more concerned about how they work than anything else. I figure if Tokico are bundling there springs with these shockers then someone sat down and worked out the engineering principles to them and therefore they should work well together.

Does anyone know what the springs are rated at though? I'm hoping they are between 260-300 pound. I'm still waiting on an Email back from JDMwerks.

BTW Bryan he is always selling them so I'm not in a hurry to bid at the moment not until I know more about the springs and shipping. :)

Did we ever get the spring rate question answered? For those who don't want to read (or re-read) this whole thread the question is what is the spring rate for the springs included in the Tokico Illumina kit?

• 1 month later...
There was some question as to the size and weight of these items, I just got mine last night and here's the information:

28x11x14

50.00 Lbs

It took 3 days to get to me in Texas and was shipped from ANAHEIM, CA

Did you happen to get a phone # for JDMWERKS? I took the bait and ordered a set of the HPs...I figured if they were in Anaheim it should only take a day...I have not had any confirming shipment email or receipt of payment except for paypal...I'm a bit peeved as my car is in pieces and I have no way of knowing when the struts should arrive... :mad:

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
And for that you posted to a four year old thread?? :finger:

Im going to post to an even older thread Arne. I bought a set of Tokico Blues about 6 weeks ago along with ALOT of other items. I did a best offer of $198 with shipping and it was accepted. The (Ebay) company emailed me saying they were backordered on the rears for 2-3 weeks and gladly refunded my money via Paypal. I promptly went back on Ebay and ordered another pair of "Blues" for $203 shipped.

They sat in there box for about a month. A couple weeks ago I opened up one of the boxes and pulled out a white strut. I look on the side and see Illumina written on it. The vendor sent me Illuminas by mistake? I went in with the part #'s and they match up to my car.

I've been wrestling with just keeping them or emailing them about it. Someone said they may have subbed due to an out of stock situation as well.

I doubt that happened. They had Illuminas listed for $401 a set. The cheapest Ive found right now is $399 shipped if anyone is interested. A VERY good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-ILLUMINA-SHOCKS-NISSAN-260Z-280Z-75-78_W0QQitemZ310166409147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item48375bcfbb&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Edited by MEZZZ