IGNORED

Great deal on 240 & early 260Z Tokico illuminas with springs Brand new! (Ebay)

Jayru

Yes, they come from Tokico as a boxed set. 240z to early 260z is ILK-252. 280z is ILK-254. Both the spring set and struts have different cat no., so it makes sense that the 280z set is individualized(after all the 280z weighs significantly more than 240z.)

Here's source (no financial interest.)

upgrade motoring

Steve

Xray, your car does sit higher than i had thought with tokicos (not nessasarily a bad thing). My car sits significantly lower than your car with my stock springs (which are completely worn). That's why i needed new springs, i can't even get out of my driveway ( i have to drive out on the grass :eek: ). My car will most likely raise up after my install.

Someone was asking about collars welded to the front struts? I don't see any on my set. EDIT: Yes the collars are there, i was looking at the rear (which i thought were the fronts). They don't seem to be welded on, they are stuck over a lip in the bottom of the strut (like a sleeve).

Xray, maybe you removed these?

The collars go on the rear strut cartridges. It's pretty tough to get them mixed up. HZ 3016 and BZ 3106 are the rear spring/strut cat numbers. xx3015 is for the front.

Driving out on the grass is no way to go! I am sure your car will raise itself up a few inches, but will be substantially improved in ride quality.

Good luck.

X

The collars go on the rear strut cartridges. It's pretty tough to get them mixed up. HZ 3016 and BZ 3106 are the rear spring/strut cat numbers. xx3015 is for the front.

Driving out on the grass is no way to go! I am sure your car will raise itself up a few inches, but will be substantially improved in ride quality.

Good luck.

X

Xray, i'm 90% positive the collars go on the front. Since you haven't put the back in you may have gotten them mixed up. Or maybe i'm wrong? Can any one else verify this?

Tokico BLUE struts have the same collar. It's on the REAR struts. (similar part number too, ending in 3016) It was reported here in Sept 0f 2003 and appears to be the result of Tokico phasing out some strut models and modifying other struts to take their place.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9037&highlight=Tokico+blue

One of you guys that just ordered or received yours, please post a picture of the front struts. I need to see if there are spacer collars welded on the bottom.

Thanks,

Will

Ok, i was going on this post ^^ and others i had seen on Hybrids.

Thanks