IGNORED

Great deal on 240 & early 260Z Tokico illuminas with springs Brand new! (Ebay)

Jayru

OK so it will be nice to hear from some folks who have ordered these and then installed them to see if any one else ran into problem like X ray did...I want to get some too , if they are a good fit and other folks like theirs.

Yes I'd also like some feedback especially on the kit with the springs. Since I am in Australia and posting a package with the springs will cost more and there is no point if the springs are not what I need or want in the first place.

I've tried emailing them twice now and no response I want to know what shipping of these items would be to Australia? Does anybody have any idea??? Or know how i can find out, they have an automated message saying they are busy so i understand but still they should have gotten back to me by now.

Gav,

As you can see, the top four turns are loaded when car is on the ground, and the bottom 5-6 turns remain open. I have not experienced the car bottoming out. Looks a little different, but I signed my warranty card, and if Tokico says this is what works with the Illuminas, then they are putting their money where their collective mouth is....

Overall, I am satisfied. They have been on the car 2 months (maybe 40 miles driven to and from mechanics and body shop), and it handles much better than I had expected.

Good luck,

X

post-7009-14150795026138_thumb.jpg

post-7009-14150795026717_thumb.jpg

I don't mind the red springs myself or yellow they look fine to me.

I'm more concerned about how they work than anything else. I figure if Tokico are bundling there springs with these shockers then someone sat down and worked out the engineering principles to them and therefore they should work well together.

Does anyone know what the springs are rated at though? I'm hoping they are between 260-300 pound. I'm still waiting on an Email back from JDMwerks.

BTW Bryan he is always selling them so I'm not in a hurry to bid at the moment not until I know more about the springs and shipping. :)

I didn't realise you were joking there Bryan. I'm confident the Tokico's are fine but I'd rather find out what the springs are rated at and what shipping is before i buy them. What's the sense in bringing the kit all the way to Australia and paying for shipping of those rather large springs if they are not what I want?

http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/suspension.html <<<< Read.

Even Tokico says that in some cases urethane bushings can negatively affect handling. So everyone that bought the thickest sway bars, the hardest urethane bushings, the shortest, stiffest springs and the stiffest shocks......may not really be getting the best handling. It's a system, you can't just go bolting stuff on cause it looks pretty and sounds cool.

BTW, ebay is the devil.