IGNORED

Gunmetal or silver Rewinds on a yellow car?

Jayru

Silver IMO; the gunmetal wheels always look dirty to me. The silver looks clean and crisp.

Exactly! On a race Z, the gunmetal looks perfect, nice and aggressive. Street Z's, the silver looks best.

Vicky

Fine looking ride there Marty! Its nice to see another early 240Z in such nice shape. I have an early 240 myself...popped out of the factory 3215 cars before yours. Is this a shoot of you drag racing your toy?

QUOTE]

Thanks. I love the early 240Z's. I have a very early '70 also. Drag racing???!! No way!!! That is a shot of me leaving the pit lane at Road America. It's a 4 mile, 14 turn road course, where a Z belongs! I participated in the October SpeedSeekers event. You get 5 twenty minute sessions out on the track. No speed limits, passing if the guy in front of you waves you by. Most people are pretty good about that. It is huge amounts of fun! It really amazes me how well the old 240's handle, even with the stock suspension. However, I am upgrading that over the winter with PU bushings, MSA lowering springs and adjustable Illuminas. Can't wait to get it back out on the track to test out the new goodies. This winter is killing me.

Marty

Check out my gallery. I just posted pics of the silver 15" Rewinds I recently mounted on my red '71 240. I had a hard time deciding whether to get gunmetal but from all the attention i get now driving around with the silvers, id definitely say go silver.

I'd have to say don't go gunmetal. But I have seen a photoshopped image that Gav240Z has done that makes Watanbe's look wicked with just a slight hint of gun metal.

Have a look in his gallery, I think they are in there. See if you like them that colour.

I'm all for a slight difference in colour to make them look half track & half road. But it is your wallet!