IGNORED

Tonneau Cover

texasz

Also a link that Carl Beck posted: http://ZHome.com/History/CargoCover.htm

It has instructions on installation.

Read CAREFULLY guys. Those instruction are ones that I sent to Carl Beck. They are for the Tonneau Cover for a 76-78 280Z 2+2.

The measurements will NOT be correct for a 240Z Tonneau cover as it is quite different. (much shorter). Taikaki was able to fit the 280Z 2+2 cover that I sold him to his 240Z, but it is not the same as the correct 240Z cover.

Also, interesting to note that he has 2 hatch struts on his car.

as for copyright.......................sue me!

They also have a link to a recent eBay win by DJACEY(UK) which shows photos of the cover he won, as well as two instruction sheet photos which I will post a poor, but somewhat cleaned up copy of one. Maybe he'd be willing to photocopy them and send you a set. It looks like you were in on that discussion as well texasz. I will also re-post a copy of the picture Taikaki posted of the cover as installed. Looks pretty nice.

After striking the deal with the seller for the one I am getting the above referenced post was my first stop and I already have DJACY's agreement to shoot me a copy of the installation instructions. :) I'm two steps ahead of ya.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so this arrived the other day and I'm not sure it's for a 2-seater...I'm thinking it may be for a 2+2 where the hatch area is a bit smaller. Does anyone have good pix of one of these installed? Should the cover come all the way back to the rear of the car or not? Anyone have one that is/was/has ever been installed or one that they are 100% certain is for a 2-seater 240Z mind taking a couple rough measurements for me to compare to mine?

Also, there are NO shock cords on this nor hooks to attach it to the hatch. Anyone have good information on these parts? I have reviewed the replies to this thread and also the page on zhome that was linked to (even though that was for a '77 model).

Gotta love them ebay sellers that sell you only part of what should be a comprehensive kit (without bothering to mention the missing parts). I haven't seen an installed 240Z kit (in person) for 20 years.

Are there any "snaps" built into the cover? Any metal grommeted holes? Anything that looks like it could be intended to mount it?

My 280Z 2+2 Tonneau Covers have snaps built in that secure to the strut towers, and the shock cords incorporated to the rear sides of the cover to secure to the hatch.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so it took me a bit longer to get this done than expected as I have been ill. But! I did get it done. Please let me know how mine measures up to the ones that you guys have and if this is infact for a 240Z please.

Tonneau%20Cover%20With%20Measurements_med_sized.jpg