IGNORED

Tonneau Cover

texasz

My new (to me) tanou cover! These things are darn near impossible to find...I've been watching for one for quite some time now and have only ever seen two for sale (not counting the one a fellow member sold late last year).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4526378560&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I can't wait until it arrives! I love these kinds of rare parts. :D

Now all I need are a good set of installation instructions...DJACEY??? I know you got one late last year from a guy in the US and it included a clean set of installation instructions...would you mind making a copy and emailing them to me? Or anyone else who happens to have these?

Any chance that you would consider drawing a template from it? I'm not talking taking it apart, but rather measuring and detailing so that maybe I can get one made at an upholstery shop?

Thanks in advance

Enrique

How quickly do you want this done? I have a friend in Houston who reverse engineers things for a liveing and could ask him to work on this and whens it's all done it would be in CAD with exact measurements.

Hmmm....maybe I should do like Mike with the glovebox and just make some of these and sell them.

How quickly do you want this done? I have a friend in Houston who reverse engineers things for a liveing and could ask him to work on this and whens it's all done it would be in CAD with exact measurements.

Hmmm....maybe I should do like Mike with the glovebox and just make some of these and sell them.

Like you, I'm willing to be very patient. It's more a "want" than a "need" item.

If you do decide to sell them, then please be sure to post, as I'd be interested in one for sure, possibly two depending on whether I'm allowed to keep Z #2.

Enrique

I'd buy one for the right price. Between gloveboxes, JDM-type headlight covers, and some of the other parts people are, or are planning to make we'll be able to build most of our Zs from scratch LOL. Sounds like you could start your own business manufacturing these things and selling them to we poor souls who can't find them on eBay >>>> ROFL <<<<. The pattern doesn't sound too hard, but the devise to retract them would it be hard to make? Seems like shock cords are involved if I remember a past thread. I believe there were instructions in that thread on installation as well, but it might have just a small photo of the instructions. Not sure exactly what was in the post, but might do a search to refresh my memory.

On the Tonneau cover that I have, the cover attaches by simple snaps on one end (easy to source for production); and the other end uses a shock cord system that I have never seen on any other item. IMO, it would probably be very difficult to nearly impossible to source. That's not to say that some other system couldn't be used, but then then cover would not be a replica of the original.

Now all I need are a good set of installation instructions...DJACEY??? I know you got one late last year from a guy in the US and it included a clean set of installation instructions...would you mind making a copy and emailing them to me? Or anyone else who happens to have these?

Here's a link to a past discussion of the cover, as well as racing mirrors:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9282&page=2&pp=15&highlight=Tonneau

They also have a link to a recent eBay win by DJACEY(UK) which shows photos of the cover he won, as well as two instruction sheet photos which I will post a poor, but somewhat cleaned up copy of one. Maybe he'd be willing to photocopy them and send you a set. It looks like you were in on that discussion as well texasz. I will also re-post a copy of the picture Taikaki posted of the cover as installed. Looks pretty nice.

Also a link that Carl Beck posted: http://ZHome.com/History/CargoCover.htm

It has instructions on installation.

post-5416-14150794874619_thumb.jpg

post-5416-14150794874754_thumb.jpg