IGNORED

15" Rewinds

Go240Zags

You know, i havent been able to tell; i dont see any scratches on the tires. I have a feeling that its the outerlip of the well. Went to the local Z shop here and they gave me a set of used spacers. At least i think thats what theyre called...they look like twisted lugnuts.

You know, i havent been able to tell; i dont see any scratches on the tires. I have a feeling that its the outerlip of the well. Went to the local Z shop here and they gave me a set of used spacers. At least i think thats what theyre called...they look like twisted lugnuts.

If the rub is on the outer lip of the wheelwell, spacers will only make the issue worse, since they will (can only) move the wheel/tire outward.

What size tires do you have? some sort of 70 series?

"Twisted lugnuts", interesting. Any pictures of them? I've only seen spacers as a solid metal ring that slips over the lugnuts. (I'm no expert on the possible types of spacers though)

I just looked at the pictures of your car in your gallery. The wheels look great on your car and I like the white letter tires too. I realy would like to get a set of those wheels now.

You could try a litle negative camber in the back. If the wheels lean inward a little they might just clear the fender lip. You can try rolling the lip too.

I gotta say it again; your car looks awesome with the konigs.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. On top of that i have to fix a bad leak in the rear window and replace the drivers side window. Too bad i cant work on it until the weekend :(

Anyway, those twisted lugnuts are supposed to go under the spring. As you twist them in, the spring gets displaced upwards. I think its just a cheap easy way to get some vertical lift. Ill take pictures later today.

Thanks again for the help guys, this forum is awesome.

Anyway, those twisted lugnuts are supposed to go under the spring. As you twist them in, the spring gets displaced upwards. I think its just a cheap easy way to get some vertical lift.

Oh, I've seen those. They also take "spring" out of your springs. You'll have less movement (cushion) in the springs to do what springs are designed to do. Not a recommended addition to a car

Yes, they are!

Sold at "finer" :stupid: auto parts stores (like Grung Auto, Poop Boys, and CSK [Cheat, Steal & Krap] stores) Oh, and also available at "Will Stokes Auto Dismantling and Refurbishing" in beautiful uptown Savannah, GA LOL

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10657&sort=1&cat=500&page=3

Dnald,

I'm thinking of buying these wheels for my early 260 right now, but I'm concerned about rubbing issues. Could you tell us what tire size you are running? I'm thinking of going 225/50R15.

I have 14x7 Appliance wheels on the car right now wtih 225/60R14 tires, and I do have rubbing problems.

Thanks,

Yes, they are!

Sold at "finer" :stupid: auto parts stores (like Grung Auto, Poop Boys, and CSK [Cheat, Steal & Krap] stores) Oh, and also available at "Will Stokes Auto Dismantling and Refurbishing" in beautiful uptown Savannah, GA LOL

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10657&sort=1&cat=500&page=3

Yup thats them! I knew they seemed a bit sketchy. So what do you guys thing the best way is to get me a 1/2 inch or so?