IGNORED

Police Version

jszarecki

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread is old, but here's something on Yahoo Auctions Japan that could be of interest to some: http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f29909590

AV Translator gave me a few interesting snippets:

"It is low travelling of miracle! Performance vehicle of S30Z western police! Real thing! The capital city high, the patrol car uniting the formation, will white パト of S30Z one probably know the fact that it is running with that famous ending scene which travels?"

"1978 type travelling 8832 km 1 owner, it is genuine actual travelling!"

"About 1 year half the genuine color (it is the feeling where just a little cream color enters into white) all it painted before, but as to before the that is picture 1, it was white パト specification. Picture 2 is the present form." (I'm guessing it no longer has all the police decals?)

Hmmm?

• 3 weeks later...

I was talking with a friend of mine who grew up in Japan in the 70's and he said that he saw Fairlady ZG cop cars a lot, but he never remembers seeing a Z432 patrol car. I found a picture of a 240ZG patrol car in the recent issue of Old Timer. I will make a scan and post it this weekend. Does anyone have pictures of more police Z's? Lachlan, I was not able to look at the auction link that you posted. If it is not too much trouble, could you post the pictures that were from the auction? Thanks in advance.

Jason, it would be awesome to make a replica of one of the Fairlady Z patrol cars, but It would have to be close or identicle to the original to pull it off. The steel wheels and all. This is just my opinion.

Regards,

Ben

I agree with that last part Ben. Lots and lots of original details and nitpicky things. That would be one hell of a challenge to try to find what these details actually were though...

I'm sorry Ben but I did not save those images to my hard drive, and now they have been removed from the auction site (it was a fair while ago!). The car was a 2/2 ex-police car I believe, but looked like it had been resprayed in plain white at some stage. There was a photograph of what the car looked like when it still was in service, and another of what it looked like now.

I agree with that last part Ben. Lots and lots of original details and nitpicky things. That would be one hell of a challenge to try to find what these details actually were though...

I'm sorry Ben but I did not save those images to my hard drive, and now they have been removed from the auction site (it was a fair while ago!). The car was a 2/2 ex-police car I believe, but looked like it had been resprayed in plain white at some stage. There was a photograph of what the car looked like when it still was in service, and another of what it looked like now.

Lachlan,

i think this one will help you... :smoke:

the model makers would not make a model that didn't exist!!!

post-1340-14150794824475_thumb.jpg

Looking closely at the pictures I posted, there are some things to notice. There is a Z car in the garage with the hood up. The number plates from one picture do not match the number plates from the other picture, ie. 4 distinct cars. Not only is there one gumball in the middle of the roof, but smaller lights to either side. The 432 car seems to have a radar pod mounted to the roof as well.

To make a 432 replica patrol car would be a little expensive to begin with. Don't you think? A 280Z-L 2+2 might be a little more reasonable. Your model looks excellent, Guus.

i see what you'r saying, jason.... like an actual US style black & white.... might be interesting... the best way to see what it looks like would be taking a couple models and hybriding them. might be pretty interesting, but i don't know that the modern light bar would look appropriate on the classic lines of a z.....

Well it took a while to find what I was looking for. I knew I saw those pictures before, somewhere! Fairlady volume II, that’s the book!!!

I also had a look at the picture, a better one because I have the book in front of me…

The right car is indeed a 2+2, it also has different wing mirrors, a slightly bigger gumball, different (flashing) roof lights (also different mounted) placed just behind the door and headlight covers

The left is a Z432 with sportive wing mirrors, nice round roof lights (backwards), no headlight covers,

Looking at the inside picture I find the car reasonably simple… it could be done!!!

Could not find a radar pod what you looking at it the second lamp..

post-1340-14150794824638_thumb.jpg

post-1340-14150794824779_thumb.jpg

post-1340-14150794824942_thumb.jpg

post-1340-14150794825161_thumb.jpg

the model makers would not make a model that didn't exist!!!

Oh yes they would. You can't trust plastic model construction kits or their box art to be 100% historically accurate ( although some are more accurate than others ). Guus, that model based loosely on the '76 Le Mans entry Z is a good example - isn't it?

The article in Neko's 'Fairlady II' book states that a total of only FIVE Fairlady Z432 cars were used as fast pursuit cars. The 2/2 was more common and - as Ben has spotted - some Fairlady 240ZGs were also utilised.