IGNORED

WANTED.....Heater Control Panel RHD

240znz

When pulling my dash out, I found out that the PO had made a half arsed attempt to fix a broken HCP. It is beyond repair.

So guys, I need a new one. Looking for NOS if possible. I don't really care if it has to come from the moon....however, it need not have moon prices. :tapemouth

The car is a RHD 12/70 build 240z. Not too sure if the heater controls are different from RHD to LHD....any help appreciated.

Links to websites selling HCP's would be great.

Cheers all,

James

As far as I know, from the pictures I've seen here on the forum, they are the same.

As far as finding new, they sometimes show up on e-Bay for about $135 US each, but in NEW condition. I'm sure that you can find it cheaper, used, but the condition of it may be doubtful.

The two major problems that this piece had is that the chrome would eventually separate from the plastic base, and would then begin peeling around the edges. The other was that many if not most, owners wouldd install an aftermarket radio and would then modify the bottom of the HCP by cutting or grinding away the bottom and sides of the radio cut out.

By the way, the HCP did not change configuration until the late 72 (mfg year 1973 in the US) production run. Then they maintained the look but now had a clear and backlit plate for the labels on the controls. They will interchange, with only a slight change in your installation procedure.

Good Luck

Enrique

James

the HC panel plastic is the same LHD/RHD, but the letters on the adhesive strips below the lever slots are transposed to make the same setting always nearest the driver. That may not be important, but it is relatively easy to remedy though I would think.

As Enrique says there are still some new ones on ebay, and if your budget can stretch I would go for a new one, as items like those are probably not going to be around in good/new condition for much longer ( assuming they are not being made any more)

Hope it helps

Andrew