IGNORED

JGTC Racing

Zrush

Alan,

You are absolutely right. And, looking back, I noticed I said the same thing. It's the "race-on-Sunday / Sell-on-Monday" American way of looking at things. Like NASCAR fans actually think there are Chevrolets racing out there! It's simply the American way of expression and no harm is meant. To us, the Fairlady is the 350 because that's what we can identify with. Porsche, BMW and Mercedes people have the same problem. Incidently, the NASCAR engineers and designers spend most of their time out of the country talking to European and Japanese teams about the latest technology. Few Americans realize that.

Nope, not me.

But when the teacher keeps insisting on correcting EVERYBODY at EVERY TURN, when virtually everybody understood which car was being referenced; well it diminishs the light in which that "knowledgable professor" is looked upon. People do come here for more reason than to be corrected at every turn.

That being said, I seriously doubt Vicky meant any disrespect to the designers and builders of the JGTC racers.

Just like when people call cetain cars FACTORY RESTORED. Ooohh, I'm in trouble now. How many times do I have to write "They are NOT Factory Restored, they are Vintage Z Cars" on the blackboard? :bandit: :lick:

Vicky,

Take a look at Carl's reply to me and tell me if you think I'm being just a little bit paranoid?

I'm sorry if I misunderstood the meaning of your "Geez :stupid:" - but can you see where I'm coming from? My original comment was just a general point, and not really aimed at anyone in particular.

Stickling is stickling. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. If I make a mistake then I'm very happy to be put straight on it. Be my guest.

Alan T.

Alan,

You are absolutely right. And, looking back, I noticed I said the same thing. It's the "race-on-Sunday / Sell-on-Monday" American way of looking at things. Like NASCAR fans actually think there are Chevrolets racing out there! It's simply the American way of expression and no harm is meant. To us, the Fairlady is the 350 because that's what we can identify with. Porsche, BMW and Mercedes people have the same problem. Incidently, the NASCAR engineers and designers spend most of their time out of the country talking to European and Japanese teams about the latest technology. Few Americans realize that.

Thanks Chris,

I appreciate you sticking up for my point of view.

I realise that no harm is meant, and I honestly mean no harm myself in pointing out the difference ( although offence is taken all too quickly - and frankly, it seems - all too happily ).

Notice that Ben ( v12horse ) got it right in his picture captions, and even pointed out the fact that the GT500 Fairlady Z is based on a Japanese market-only homologation special. Ben has the gift of learning and thinking in a worldly way about these things, and considers what he writes very carefully.

Carl, I noticed you did some swift editing again :cheeky: Too bad you can't do the editing in your head before you put it down on the page.

Alan T.

( Edit: Carl - I think you still have some editing left to do on your spelling ROFL ).

Your own post states you want to "nip it in the bud". Can't people just discuss the event without being corrected? I thought that was what the thread was all about. As 26th-Z stated, to most of the USA, the Fairlady IS the 350Z. Because that is what Nissan calls the car that they sell here. Blame the confusion on the factory (Oh, there is that word again), since they chose to use different names in different markets.

Nissan really needs to get back into GT racing in the US & Lemans.

Don't know about the US, but NISMO wants to get back into international sportscar racing - and they say it would most likely be with the "350Z" ( ie - the Export version of the Z33 ). This would be in the renamed 'GT2' division for 2005.

British team RJN Motorsport ran an RHD 350Z in selected rounds of the FIA GT Championship this year, with the support of Nissan and NISMO. They are one of the companies in the running for the contract to prepare and run the 'Works' cars for Nissan in 2005.

Article scan from UK magazine Autosport here:

post-2116-1415079461439_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. I have been planning to go to this event since the summer, and I must say that it was spectacular. I was a little sad to learn that the Skyline has been replaced with the FAIRLADY Z (Z33), but the Z's are really tearing through the competition. you will find all of the info about the race and what JGTC is at JGTCusa.net . I took more than 300 pictures, but many are multiples, and a lot of them are NSX's, Supra's etc. I am sure that many of you noticed it, but I thought I would point it out any way. The Fairlady Z type E street car that was produced by Nissan Motor Co. LTD. is the car that the GT500 Z33's are loosely based on. The longer nose and rear are what the cars were able to use since the type E Z33 was strictly a homologation special. Once again, all the cars put on a great race. Both the GT500 and GT300 cars performed spectacularly. I wish I could have gotten pictures of the cars at night with their brake rotors glowing orange after braking from high triple digit speeds. I can't imagine that the cars are only rated at 300bhp and 500bhp.

I was there when Peter Brock drove Ron Carter's BRE 240Z replica out and it sounded fantastic. It sounded louder than some of the JGTC cars! He really did an exceptionaly job of recreating the original race car. I wish I could have gotten a better look.

Take care,

Ben

p.s. If there is a particular car that they want more photos of, just tell me and I will post. Also, if some of you cannot download these to your computer send me an email at V12horse@hotmail.com and I will send you some photos (include how many megs you can recieve).