IGNORED

JGTC Racing

Zrush

I've just recently started to see a few programs dedicated to this type of Japanese racing called "JGTC". I heard that this Japanese racing will be making it's US debut at the California Speedway on December 18th & 19th of this year. Along with other auto manufacturers, the big three are Nissan with the 350Z, Toyota with the Supra and Honda with their top of the line race car, don't know the name, NRX (?). Anyway, I know we don't dicuss the 350Z here but from what I been watching that's the car to beat. Anyone know more about this type to Japanese racing that's soon to come to America. I'm very interested and would love to know more.

Vicky

yeh...

the JGTC is going to be HUGE in USA soon...

they never air it on SpeedTV here in America.. well.. maybe once every few months...

but sweet cars... and much more interesting than our GT class races...

a twin turbo 350Z and 500HP Skyline's racing Ferrari's and Lambo's are much more exciting than a Cadilac V8 racing a BMW.

You are welcome, Vicky! That is a cool site. Not to worry about the Japanese - just cruise the site for the pictures! When I was at the national convention, Katayama san gave me a commemorative pin for the 350Z win in the first round. My mind has really come around to appreciating the 350Z pocket rocket.

I'm pretty sure SpeedVision is broadcasting the whole series. Hope it does well in America, however I have my doubts.

• 3 months later...

I want to thank Ben for posting his pictures and express my envy. I hope you didn't have too much fun, Ben!!!

The JGTC series has been a great success and I have been following it all year. How I wish I could have attended at least one race. Ron Carter's car is absolutely superb and the photos with the 350Z are beyond exclamation. WOW!!! What a great photo!

Many thanks to everyone. You have given me a smile.

Yes it does remind me of IMSA, and that's exactly why I like it so much. Rock'm - sock'm - let's race action and spectacle extrodinaire. Money is no object / talent prevails, and may the best effort win. You all check out that link I posted a few threads up and make sure to catch the Umbrella Girls in the photo galleries. It is all part of the show.

post-4148-14150794613942_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150794614101_thumb.jpg