IGNORED

1967 Bluebird Wagon on Ebay

Alfadog

I've just come from having a look at this KE10 and I must say it might just be a goer. It's not too bad, but will need some work.

Mechanically it's pretty good, 50000km on a rebuilt 2K. Body is straight other than one shallow dint in the roof. There is some rust spots in the panels, but nothing bad. They'd be very easy to fix. No rust in the chassis or floor pan (easy to see as it has no sound deadening under the car). Interior will need some major work though. Top of the dash is well and trully gone, but the face of the dash, all gauges and steering wheel are perfect. Seats are shagged and roof lining is shagged. New tires on it too.

He had in in the paper for $500 and had no takers, so chop that down a little and I recon he'd go for it.

post-3769-14150794084972_thumb.jpg

post-3769-14150794085282_thumb.jpg

post-3769-14150794085492_thumb.jpg

Congradulations Chris. You are going to have quite the stable. I would love to learn more about these Bluebirds. How is the 240zg replica coming along? I saw some of the photos of the car and it looks like you are doing a really thorough and excellent job.

Now if only I could get that Prince that is on ebay. It is not going to happen. Hehehehhe

Ben

there was one for sale bluebird 1968 wagon new paint engine is in good condition $400 redbank plains , Brisbane it was in the tradingpost last week, dont know if its still for sale.

I was going to have a look at it but I found myself a new car.... Mazda 1300 '73 model sedan. body is a bit rough, its dented on front fender, rear left side door and dents on roof like hail dents.

Well I dragged it home today and the poor thing nearly lost its life, its got a big black mark down one side after a rather hairy trailer blowout where at one point I was praying the whole lot would break free from the car and leave me alone :).

The good stuff:

92,000 original miles, engine has apparently had a rering and blows no smoke, the interior is great with the exception of the front seat squab, head lining is flawless. For a non runner from his description it took me 10 minutes to get running like a dream, been hacking round the garden all afternoon. Lack of brakes was due to a loose bleeder nipple, and they are good now, but not perfect, maybe bleed them again. No rust in floors etc and no evidence of crash damage.

The Bad:

Front seat squab, little bit of rust in the rear 1/4s and no wheel trims to speak of.

Other than that I am stoked, I have already had two offers to buy it for substantially more than I payed for it from different people, but I am holding onto it for the time being.

Cheers Chris

PS will post digi pics soon, ****ing camera broke this afternoon and is over exposing again :(. I think I am in love.