IGNORED

door ding strips

GregP

to each his own indeed. I removed mine and soldered the holes , leaded them like in the old days. I prefer the clean lines of the car with out them. The car is VARY prone to door dings without them I know . I just will need to be careful when I park the car. I have a cover for her in the garage and I have padded the side with foam used to insulate plumbing pipe sewed on the inside of the cover. We have only a 2 car garage and have two cars in it.

Mine were screwed on. Get rid of them.

The PO left the car out in the rain for a bit. Water settled beneath the strips and ate into the metal, so much so that I have some extensive welding to do before the car will be structurally sound again.

Once I have finished the car will garaged so I won't put them back on. They are stuffed anyway and I don't see that buying new ones would be on the cards, there are far more important things left to do than buy expensive add-ons.

When "Precious" first came into my tender, loving care, she sported polished stainless steel strips that ran from the rear edge of the door, along the body below the quarter glass but on top of the ridge where it curves down towards the wheel well, all the way to the rear of the body, then curved around the back, ending at the hatch.

They were secured by a type of spring clip that was pushed through holes in the body. Unfortunately, they were in pretty bad shape so I chucked them away and filled the holes.

I've since been tempted to replace them but to continue on to the edge of the headlights.

Rick.