IGNORED

Z on Ebay

hls30.com

Here is another car where a "friend" is selling an all original-unmolsted 240Z- it is a pretty car, but there are several parts listed as original that never came on a 240Z from the factory!

Where is that Z search light!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482923246&category=6187#ebayphotohosting

Will

LOLROFL

A "RUST-FREE CA 72 240Z"..............with a "Seattle" Title, sold out of "Toronto, Ontario, Canada " LOLROFL

"Rust Free", but "All Used Cars Have Surface Rust On Here & There." Nothing like making a statement and sticking to it!

I may have been born in the morning, but it wasn't THIS morning!

i took a look at this z about 2 months ago. 3hr. drive for me ~ 200 miles. i called before i drove up and asked ? one of witch if it had undercoating. he said no. he was asking $10,000 can.= to $7500 US.got there and it didn't live up to his description. rear interior panel cracked also plastic panel driverside behind rear sidewindow cracked. tried wipers( didn't work) his explanation he disconnected it because he didn't drive in the rain.(yea right) also car was undercoated.(or heavy black chassie paint)how can u tell if no rust unless u have x-ray vision. he was going to replace the diverside frame rail because it was punky and was going to do both rails even though the other side was o k.(gotta be rust else where if rail is punky) also the crease in the front of the hood didn't look right. it wasn't straight.(the very front edge) the rockers looked o k but the curve of the rockers didn't match the curve of the quarter panels(could this mean they were replaced?)had a P90 head. i asked to go for a spin and he wanted me to make a bonified offer first.he didn't want to entertian joyriders.( HEY I JUST DROVE 3 HR TO GET HERE)how do u make an offer without driveing it? he finally agreed and HE jumps into the driver seat. we go around the block reaching speed of 50mph. get back to his place and i offer him $7500 can= to $5600 U S. he was insulted(is 75% insulting?) and said he'd give it to his boy before he took that offer.( i'm waiting for a counter offer , didn't get it) don't get me wrong, it's a nice z but i've been learning from this club and the experts say i should get more car for this kind of money, so i passed.(besides i don't like white) just proves pics can be deceiving.this guy offers u an out of the deal if u are not satisfied. sounds reputable but he keeps your $1000US downpayment.nice days work if u can get it. still zless in canada

Originally posted by zhead240

forgot to mention i lifted the carpet to check the inside floor pans and the carpet underlay was damp on the pass side and soaking wet on the driver side.(what's with that) the floor pans looked o k though

I used to think that was the car "sweating". My 1978 280Z did the same thing after a good drive, especially on the driver's side from the exhaust manifold. I've been told by the knowledgable folks here that wasn't the cause of the dampness. Never really did get a straight answer. Anybody? Anybody? (BuellerLOL )

Vicky

Originally posted by zhead240

i've hear maybe leaky windshield. i don't know

I have heard this also, but on my car it turned out to be water that was somehow flowing up under the door weatherseal, down the inner rocker panel and pooling in the driverside floorpan. I stripped out the driverseat, carpet and padding and the vinyl that covers the inside of the rocker panel and watched as the car sat with a sprinkler soaking it like a rainstorm. Unforunately this was discovered after the floorpan needed repairs.

BTW, those floor mats look exactly like a set I had back in the late 70's. They looked great in a 110 or 918 painted Z.