IGNORED

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

st0878

Should protect the heritage and keep it yellow?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should protect the heritage and keep it yellow?

• Paint the damn thing.
    • Protect the heritage.

I'll also agree with everyone here and say paint it what you wish.

My personal opinion, though, is this: The early Z's are one of the few cars that can pull off a yellow paint job and still look great!! Not even Corvettes look as good in yellow as a Z! Something about the body...

My '71 is Nissan 905 Red (like a Cherry Red). I went back to the original color for a variety of reasons. The PO had repainted the car similar to Will's, it was painted Porsche Guard's Red (slightly darker) when I got it. The paint was bad and had to be completely stripped off the car. Now this left me open to paint what ever color I wanted. And I REALLY wanted it to be black!

But, I'm also a bit of a perfectionist at heart. And to change the color in my book, meant changing the color inside and out. Exterior and interior, floor and door jambs, everything. That ended up to be much more work than I wanted to do, not to mention more paint. I then found out that the 905 Red was much brighter, so I went for it. That color, on top of a very light-colored primer, absolutely glows in the sun! So much that on a bright, sunny day, you cannot stare at the car unless you're wearing sunglasses!!

So my recomendation? Paint it what you like. But keep in mind, that if you change the color, and don't change it completely, you will, at some point, still be able to see the yellow later on.

The choice you make ultimately depends on what you want to do with the car and what you want the car to be for you.

BTW - Nissan Sunset Orange (350Z) looks great on the early body Z's!!!

Well think I've just about drained the imagination out of just about everyone! I'll post the pictures after I decide the color (if I change it) and you can rest assured that carpet, spinners, neon and anything rice is not an option.

Thanks everyone.

EZ