IGNORED

1970 Engine?

I "@ ed" Gav240z so that he might give the answer to his own puzzle.  

Most of what I saw in that nine year old BAT sales post you linked was about definitons of title and ownership and opinions from past Z car people like Tony D (before the D appeared), who is known to enjoy stirring things up.  Questions about why the engine and tag were separated from the body and other conspiracy-like things. 

If you're planning on reselling after you restore you might consider pulling all of the real facts together in an understandable story, with images saved in additon to links, before they get lost to dead web sites and disappearing documents.  The people that actually know things about the car will be passing on too, eventually.  Time...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I "@ ed" Gav240z so that he might give the answer to his own puzzle.  

Most of what I saw in that nine year old BAT sales post you linked was about.

Questions about why the engine and tag were separated from the body and other conspiracy-like things. 

If you're planning on reselling after you restore you might consider pulling all of the real facts together in an understandable story

The reason I brought this up was to allow Gav240z to possibly leave a additional response to the classiczcar thread on engine casting dates, that on his last post there, and I believe in the thread ……  left  his question/puzzle …. 
       On the BAT thread from 2013 or so he came back and made statement on that comment section that for the most part said that it is very possible there is nothing wrong about how 2039 was stamped.     

Gav240z, 
  Please don’t take my “tone” as agitated, or angry, we own separated twins…..well, sorta. 
     I googled 240z vin 51 and HS30 51 popped up….    Incredibly interesting to me that 2 same vin cars know of each other, and are identical from the factory.    

Zedhead, 

Owning a 1969 z has been a quest of sorts for many years, good timing and fortune found one for me.   I’m turning over rocks and shaking trees hoping to find more answers and history for this car…..  

Sorry for being so scattered about progress with car….  It’s my personality….

• Like 1