Sign in to follow this  
st0878

Stupid Question of the Week

I've only had my Z a few months and have done my fair share of surfing for information and applying what I've learned durring the day. I see the phrase "zed" used all over and have no idea what it means. I'm sure that you guys will set me strait.

Thanks

Do they teach NOTHING but Spanish in school these days?!?!?!?!?

PLEASE DEAR GOD...Make it STOOOOOOOOOOP...........

Originally posted by biker

It 's Australian for ZEEEEEEEEEEEE

:classic:

or Canadian, British, etc.

The letter Z is pronounced ZED in many parts of the the world.

Thanks all....I get it. I live in Miami might as well be in Bogata or Haiti or Cuba, Brazil ......In fact I come to this board just so I can remember that I'm American! I think that I call my Zed a Z.

Guys,

I think that you will find that "Zed" is the correct way to say Z, I can't help it if you Americans get a little confused....

and don't get me started on the fact that you guys have a steering wheel where your glove box (or glove comapartment for non english speaking members) should be.

IMHO there are two ways to do things, the right way and the American way.

(DISCLAIMER - these comments are not meant to offend, nor do I wish to create an international incident. I just can't resist a cheap shot when I get the chance)

Love and kisses Rusty.

Originally posted by Rusty1

(DISCLAIMER - these comments are not meant to offend, nor do I wish to create an international incident. I just can't resist a cheap shot when I get the chance)

Love and kisses Rusty.

If you'll sell me the center (centre?) caps on the wheels in your avitar I won't reply to your cheap shot!:classic:

Either way, these are great cars.

Nissan should have have stuck closer to updating the Series 1 design when reintroducing the Z.

IMHO

Zed or Z........If you own one your cool with me. But I don't think that you would need to put the steering wheel on the right side of the car if you were driver on the right side of the street. LOL

Ok now that the issue of stupid questions has come up along with LHD vs RHD discussions. I need to ask a stupid question too!!

I am from texas and have a LHD Z. When i sit in the passenger seat is seems the shifter feel more natrual.

Now on to my question.

How are the gears configured on the RHD models?

A)

5--3--1

--- N --

R--4--2

OR ....like the LHDs...

B)

1--3--5

--- N---

2--4--R

If the ansewer is A then that is what i would prefer.

My guess would be 'B' simply because of the changes that would have to be made to flip the shift pattern. I've never heard of an RHD trans or a LHD trans. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure those of you 'across the pond' can clear this up.

on rhd cars the gearbox is the b example

Now what i really want is sequntial (yeah i know its spelt wrong but you know what i mean)or better still an affordable paddle style change gearbox with paddles on the steering wheel

Mick

There's a few sequential transmissions on the market that will work on a Z, if you've got the big bucks.....:cross-eye

Quaiffe, Houseman and I think Taylor offer them, for about 5K and up....

Paddle shifts I think are pretty much a fantasy as far as retrofitting on an older car, unless you've got a ton of money to invest.:disappoin

There's a few sequential transmissions on the market that will work on a Z, if you've got the big bucks.....

Why does it not surprise me that you had that information.