Something I've never seen before - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Something I've never seen before

Featured Replies

With all the recent interest (mine included) in die cast Z models and plastic model kits, I happened to see these on Ebay today.

I don't remember ever seeing any Roadster model kits before, but here's two on Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3175548041&category=1190

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3175558584&category=2581

  • Author

I've been watching the model kits on Ebay as well. Although, I'm getting too impatient and shaky to do one the way it should be assembled.......:disappoin

I've been watching the 1/12 Tamiya kits to put away, but, wow, the prices on them are pretty high, even higher than the Kyosho die-casts I just got.

I guess I'd rather collect the die-cast, no work required and I can spend the time on the ones in the shop that need my attention more than a plastic model.

I was surprised at the Roadster model kit, as I'd never seen one before.

I'm not crazy about the Yat Ming models. They just aren't very accurate. I want a Monte Carlo #5 car, preferably in 1/24, but haven't seen one recently. I'm also on the prowl for this 432 kit.

post-4148-14150793538846_thumb.jpg

  • Author

The Yat Ming die casts I've seen aren't as good as the Maisto I got, but the Maisto doesn't compare to the detail of the Kyosho, of course, for the price of one Kyosho you can buy 2 of the Maisto's....

The Yat Mings I've seen,when you open the door or hatch, the paint colors don't match.

Try looking at Tower Hobbies site, they've got a great selection of die cast and plastic models.

http://www.die-cast-models.com/

Check out their other hobby sites for plastic models.

Now, the Fujimi kits are almost as hard to find as the 1/12 Tamiya kits. The 432R kit is one I haven't seen in a while either.:disappoin

Seems most of the plastic kits you see are all ZG models anymore.:ermm:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Yat Ming :sick: :sick: :sick:

You get what you pay for!

I am a big scale model fan. I have found most of my treasures in Japan

www.hlj.com

This is the best place I have found, they are very quick in shipping and most of their price are OK (if your a fan!).

You may ask them to do some diging in for old kits nla.

Frenchy Fred...

I bought a kit about 3 yrs ago on ebay its a fujimi of a fairlady 240 Z ,I was going to build it but havent . It looks detailed form what I can see .

hers a few crappy ( hate my fricken camera) pictures of my nissan/datsun models that I've built over the years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.