IGNORED

Latest wheel selections and personal reviews, which one is your favourite?

johnnyt

I'd have to think there is little chance enough of the Shokatan's becoming so popular they are mundane. For one, they are over the top ugly!

Workmeisters look nice, too expensive for me however.

The Rota Grid V looks like it belongs on a pickup.

There is a Z here in town with the original Retro 4 style wheels. YUK!

Enki's look good most of the time, but never in black. Can't think of a single wheel that looks good in black.

The classic 8 look, the panasports, the rewinds, these look like they belong on the Z's!

And of course the slotted mags, but I don't recall seeing a set of 15's? anyone?

Just my opininon with 8 years in the retail tire market (although in the early-mid 80's)

I'd have to think there is little chance enough of the Shokatan's becoming so popular they are mundane. For one, they are over the top ugly

There is a Z here in town with the original Retro 4 style wheels. YUK!

The classic 8 look, the panasports, the rewinds, these look like they belong on the Z's!

And of course the slotted mags, but I don't recall seeing a set of 15's? anyone?

Hello IdahoKidd, I have added the set of slotted mags that are still available for the S30.

The Retro 4 is based on the original Libre Wheels.

For what it is worth I have been reading that the Shakotan looks incredible in real life and that the online pictures do not do them justice. I gave this wheel such a high rating because it is so unique looking and the fact this style was used on a Mangusta (they were often painted full silver, I included a picture below) gives them a certain charm, the available 15x9 alone is rare for our car.

The Panasport and Classic 8 do look good on a Z but you must admit that they are a mundane style on this car. Over the past 25 years I have met very few people outside of Z owners who like this eight spoke style wheel. This has most likely set a more negative image of the wheel in my mind, who knows.

955928.jpg

I've got a set of 15" American Racing 5 slots on my car.

http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Ansen_Sprint_Slot_Mag.htm

[ATTACH]41008[/ATTACH]

Thank you steve91tt, I thought American Racing stopped making the Ansen. I do not see the 15x8 available any longer, to bad if that is the case :ermm:.

By the way, your Z is very sharp looking.

Edited by johnnyt

• 4 weeks later...

One thing to add:

Regarding the US Indy mag, I bought my 1970 Series 1 240Z from the original owner. I don't know if he had these wheels installed from the dealer or shortly after, but they have been on the car since the early 70's... They are definately 14x7.

Ansen Sprint wheels are still made by American (chinese) Racing Equipment. I've personally inspected a 17x8 ansen sprint and it was EXTREMELY light for a wheel of that size.

I just got an email from enkei about the 92's. they did confirm that they did use spacers to make the wheels fit.

That is not good in my books, they claim to be for s30's but need spacers!? They should have made them closer to a zero offset IMO. A good set of spacers can run the wheels price up by as much as $250 more for the set. :ermm: