IGNORED

77 280Z color wiring diagram

wal280z

I noticed a crossed wire in the Illumination circuit for the Water temperature/Oil pressure gauge a while back. Didnt think it was worth mentioning, but if there is a revision, then it can be added.

This colour wiring diagram is truly awsome. Thanks for all the effort Wayne.

I printed it on an extended A1 format and it hangs on the wall of my garage. So much better than the FSM.

Chas

post-26512-14150829893361_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the latest. It's Revision "M". It includes the two changes mentioned above (voltage regulator and illumination light in the Temp/Oil gauge):

1977 Color Wiring Diagram Version M.pdf

Wayne had asked for me to take a look at it and upload it if I got the chance. Never tried to attach a pdf before, so let's hope this works right!!

Thanks again Wayne!!

Edited by Captain Obvious
Uploaded newest version - M
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...

And for anyone getting ready to print out a big copy of revision "M" to hang on their garage wall.... Don't do that right now.

There have been some recently discovered issues in Rev "M" and I believe there will be a Revision "N" coming out soon to fix those issues.

So if you can hold off for a little bit, do so!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, wheee! said:

Maybe Mike can rename this thread “77 280Z colour wiring diagram” to avoid confusion with other years.

@Mike - It appears as though I cannot edit the title of this thread. Can you?

I was able to update the title in the download section, thank you for transferring 'ownership'

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wal280z said:

@Mike - It appears as though I cannot edit the title of this thread. Can you?

I was able to update the title in the download section, thank you for transferring 'ownership'

Thanks!

No problem. I edited the topic and updated the link to the file download in your first message.  I also added a link to this thread from the download details.  Thanks for supporting the file and keeping it updated!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2019 at 10:39 AM, Captain Obvious said:

And for anyone getting ready to print out a big copy of revision "M" to hang on their garage wall.... Don't do that right now.

There have been some recently discovered issues in Rev "M" and I believe there will be a Revision "N" coming out soon to fix those issues.

So if you can hold off for a little bit, do so!

Now that all the (known) issues have been addressed and edited, I have updated Revision N to the download section.

Changes to Revision N

1) Fixed wire colors going to oil pressure sender and tachometer resistor.
2) Changed fusible link positions to reflect correct positions on vehicle.
3) Changed internal picture of alternator.

N77ZCAR-WIRING.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1