IGNORED

I don't know what this is

Erick

Hey guys can anyone tell me what this is? Is it a filter of some sort sorry this is my first Z and first project car I'm trying to learn at the same time. It's making a wierd hissing noise it's connected to the fuel injectors . And my car doesn't start ever since I noticed that sound

15148519373621423937335.jpg

The hose in your hand links the manifold air pressure to the regulator.  It allows the correct fuel pressure to be maintained:

When you are idling, the throttle body upstream is closed and there is a huge vacuum in the manifold that trys to suck extra fuel from the injector when it squirts.

When you are driving with your foot on the gas pedal, the throttle valve is opened more and the vacuum in the manifold is much reduced and there is less suction trying to pull extra fuel.

The FPR is controlled by the manifold vacuum it senses and it reduces the fuel pressure when the manifold vacuum is high and is sucking more fuel out.

If you remove the hose or it is old and not sealing then you will hear hissing as it is a vacuum leak to the manifold.  The engine is designed not to have these leaks.  It is designed so that all air into the engine goes through the throttle valve.

Thanks guys for the tips, also I checked my hose and no gas in it so that' good right? To my knowledge I'm taking automotive classes so i. Learning here in my garage and school, also if it's a hissing sound think its just a bad hose and I can just replace that and can I fix a FPR or no?

57 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

yes. If the hiss is coming from where a hose attaches, usually the hose has a leak or it is stretched and not sealing on the nipple.

Ok so I disconnected the hose and it sounds like its coming from inside the FPR