What was originally in the 1970 240Z toolbins? - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What was originally in the 1970 240Z toolbins?

Featured Replies

Both of the tool 'compartments' behind the seat of my 1970 240Z are empty. Well, the passenger side one has a jack but that's it.

What originally came in those 2 compartments when the car was new?

Mine seems to have the original items for a 240 mfg 10/72 -- I have a jack, two orange tire blocks, and a black toolkit with the lug wrench and the two red bars things needed to operate the jack inside it.

Mine are both empty as well - I don't even have the jack. So I'm interested in this as well. I suspect that the early cars (with the plastic storage compartments) had much the same stuff in them as the later cars, but can't say for sure. I'd bet that the '70 or early '71 owner's manual would list the various tools and such - if I had one.

  • Author

I'm sure someone knows or has a scan of the original manual.. Maybe 26th??

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

The auction listing says it came from a 1978. Is this the exact same stuff that was in the 1970?

Yes except the yellow chocks did not fold down they were one solid piece.

Mine seems to have the original items for a 240 mfg 10/72 -- I have a jack, two orange tire blocks, and a black toolkit with the lug wrench and the two red bars things needed to operate the jack inside it.

Yeah, he's talking about the plastic tool bins (covers) behind the seats in the early models. No doubt they got broken a lot from people sliding their seats back with stuff trapped behind the seats.

My 7'70 has similar items to Doug N's '72. Passenger side: jack, two orange (non folding) tire blocks. Driver's side: black toolkit containing lug wrench and the two red bars used to operate the jack. Pics attached.

post-8626-14150796414625_thumb.jpg

post-8626-14150796415063_thumb.jpg

post-8626-14150796415297_thumb.jpg

i believe that the design of the individual tools changed over the years, but each year model did come with a jack and operating handle, wheel/tire chocks, and a lug wrench.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.