Everything posted by EricB
-
Need F54 torque specs please...
The original matching # L24 kicked the can yesterday afternoon. As a result I am putting in my F54 which has been waiting in the wings for some time, that and some brand new Mikuni 44s... yum! Head bolt torque specs for an L24 head with the F54 block? Or are they not different than a normal L24 torque spec? Which Z should I get the head bolts from? I've got a 77-8 5spd in there right now, when I go to get new clutch/press.plate am I asking for one intended for a 77-8 280Z? Or am I asking for one for an '81 280ZX? Should I keep my current flywheel or use the F54's flywheel? Does it matter? I think I've got everything else covered... -e
-
Wanna TRADE my 4.375 for your 3.9 r&p?
I posted this some months ago w/o any results so I am trying again before I decide to go ahead and put the 4.375 in my car. I've got a R180 4.375 ring and pinion (the pinion is still in the R180 case) which I want to trade for a R180 3.9 r&p No selling, no cash offers, just a TRADE email me or reply here -e
-
Aftermarket front caliper spacer material
Those of you with aftermarket front (big) brakes which required some kind of a caliper spacer to bolt on to the front spindle, can you tell me what that spacer was made of? Steel or Aluminum? -e
-
Can you convert Webers to FI?
thanks russell that's exactly the kind of answer i was looking for... -e
-
Can you convert Webers to FI?
hey this brings up another question, last week i think i asked what the science was with the different lengths of velocity stacks, and someone replied saying the shorter they were the more power they produced up top in the rev range, the longer they were the more power they produced at the bottom of the rev range... cuong's pics, alan's pics, and the pics i have of serious S20 powered race machines all show LOOONNNGGG velocity stacks - the person who said the above got it bakwards, right? longer the stack the higher the peak power... another thing while i am at it... if we compare say a 40mm high velocity stack vs a 60mm one, does changing from one to the other merely MOVE the peak power in the rev range to a higher level without actually changing the HP figure, or does it actually make more power because the air/fuel travels a greater distance inside the stack and is therefore more accelerated when it enters the combustion chamber and therefore maybe also more of it enters the CC when the valve opens meaning a higher HP figure... in short: does longer make more power, or are they merely for tuning your carbs to be in sync with your aftermarket cam's higher operating range... -e
-
Can you convert Webers to FI?
does someone have a pic or pics of either webers or dellortos or mikunis having been converted to FI - just curious to see what that looks like exactly... the throttles lumenition sells just look like individual throttle bodies as you would find in any other modern application.. i am curious to see how a modded carb ends up looking... step by step even perhaps? i'll keep digging on the net in the meantime... -e
-
New Bearings/Seals for 5spd
Is this all I need to know in order to ID my 5spd tranny and get the right parts for it when I decide to go through it and give it all the TLC it deserves: "So: 0.745 x 360 = 268.2 degrees (1981-thru 1983) = 8:45 o'clock 0.773 x 360 = 278.3 degrees (1980 )_ = 9:15 o'clock 0.864 x 360 = 311 degrees (1977 thru 1979) = 10:30 o'clock Just remember that the earlier the "time" the "Later" (meaning newer model year) the box._ Before 9:00 o'clock is the 81-83 box, just after 9:00 o'clock is the 1980 box and at 10:30 o'clock is the 77-79 box." Thanks to Royce Miller and Carl Beck... Just looking for a confirmation that there's nothing else to it... -e
-
Were the Works '70-1 GT-Rs ever fuel injected?
well thanks for the product names - that'll give me something to look for on google.co.jp till you get back... enjoy the flight -e
-
Can you convert Webers to FI?
www.lumenition.com that was easy... -e
-
Headlight covers (chrome!)
you could start at kpgc10.com or the Japanese S30Z web ring and go from page to page to page... etc... so many to list, so little time... Star Road RS Start ...
-
Were the Works '70-1 GT-Rs ever fuel injected?
dammit Alan.... ..that's it.. let's just cut to the chase and get married.. what do you say to that?? i've been known to be quite handy in the kitchen... haha. j/k so.... this of course leads to the following... has anyone tried doing the same? (I mean recently of course) has anyone used an old style lucas or even a version of the nissan ecgi to FI their L/S series today? I figure the Works technology bits must have filtered down to privateers at some point or another and etc... I ask because I've never seen this - by "never" I mean in the Japanese magazines as a tuner shop offered option... then again my reading is limited to nostalgic hero and autoworks which it is possible on covers a small portion of interested parties... oh and in reference to that video: EVERY one ought to do themselves a favor and get the Best Motoring "Racing Skylines" vhs video magazine and turn up the first 15-20min real loud and enjoy... I think I can score a couple copies for you stragglers that don't have theirs yet... -e
-
Headlight covers (chrome!)
uhh... no secrets here... any s30 store i visited... this goes with tail lights and other cool bits we don't have here...
-
Headlight covers (chrome!)
they cost between $250 and $350 in Japan and are available... FYI -e
-
Can you convert Webers to FI?
Someone was talking to me about this, that they were going to convert a set of triple webers into individual throttles and use fuel injection???????????? I didn't know what to say... Is this even possible? Can someone shed some light? Or is it easier to point me at a URL or book? Thanks, -e
-
Were the Works '70-1 GT-Rs ever fuel injected?
The only video I have about them is of a modern recreation built using mikuni 50mm carbs, not FI. Yet the two 1/18 models I've ever seen of the car (done by Kyosho who ought to know a thing or two about those cars) show them as being fuel injected... Alan? Anyone? -e
-
carburetor velocity stack science
morning, very simply what is the science in choosing the right length of velocity stacks... is it purely as a result of testing on the dyno, are there formulas which one could use to figure out gains vs losses of different length stacks, etc... i've been searching around on the web and while i did find places selling them, i didn't find much explained about the science of picking the right ones... someone here care to help? -e
-
Can you loan me your 240Z belly/splash pan?
Hi friends and neighbours, Is there anyone willing to loan me their original 240Z belly/splash pan so that I can make a fiberglass mold of it and make at least one frp piece for myself? Also in the MSA catalog it lists two different part numbers for the 69-73 and 74-8 splash pans. Does anyone know just how different the later 74-8 one is, I ask because at least that one is still available... Thanks, -e
-
Check THIS out! S20 engine in So.Carolina...
I personnally do tend to agree with the view that this is trespassing and theft - a complete lack of respect for other people's property... but oh well it's not my place to judge him. http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39950
-
RB26DETT Z33 (350Z)
-
Newspaper & Wheat Paste
one might respond : "why not?" after all it's only wheat paste and newsprint - comes right off.... it was only on for a day anyways...
- ArtCenter Classic
- ArtCenter Classic
- ArtCenter Classic
- ArtCenter Classic
- ArtCenter Classic