IGNORED

Door Window Trim End Caps - 3D Printed

YZFMax

9 minutes ago, Jeff Berk said:

I've got several parts on my '74 thanks to my son's printer.

Agreed.  Didn't realize how useful it would be until my kids picked one up. 

I also ended up making a blank plate to fill in where the fuel light would go on the center console.  There's a few more things I have in mind to make, but this will be for another time.

Can I get the STL file? 😬

if you end up printing ABS your going to need to get an enclosure for it, ABS does not like temperature fluctuations.

I build mine out of some wood and put a plexiglass door on it, it’s been pretty effective. I upgraded the feeding mechanism on it too, it was worth the money the prints look way better.

https://www.amazon.com/Creality-Printer-Upgrade-Capricorn-Extruder/dp/B07V5VJ29X/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=3d+printer+upgrades+ender&qid=1610345402&sr=8-10

image.jpg

Edited by heyitsrama

5 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

Can I get the STL file? 😬

if you end up printing ABS your going to need to get an enclosure for it, ABS does not like temperature fluctuations.

I build mine out of some wood and put a plexiglass door on it, it’s been pretty effective. I upgraded the feeding mechanism on it too, it was worth the money the prints look way better.

https://www.amazon.com/Creality-Printer-Upgrade-Capricorn-Extruder/dp/B07V5VJ29X/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=3d+printer+upgrades+ender&qid=1610345402&sr=8-10

image.jpg

Perfect, thanks for tips.  Will look into this for sure as I do plan on printing with ABS.  

I'll send you the STL file via PM.

260zDoorTrimEndRH3.stl 260zDoorTrimEndLH3.stl

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, carrottoplives said:

Hi YZFMax, would you be willing and able to sell a set of the end caps?  I’ve been searching for them for several months and would be very happy to buy a set.  Many thanks in advance for your consideration.

@carrottoplives I posted the files above on comment #5, you can download them and have them printed. 

Unfortunately I don't have access to a 3D printer at the moment, it's with my son who is away at school.