toecutter's Content - Page 15 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

toecutter

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by toecutter

  1. $1000 each, message me for further details.
  2. toecutter posted a gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  3. toecutter posted a gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  4. how much did the set of the new klippans cost u n where u get em?
  5. What time does a stock 74 260z run the 1/4 mile in? I have made the following minor changes how much of a time difference could I expect? *change flattop SU's to early bell type *280zx dizzy *headers *2.5 inch pipe with hot dog and resonator
  6. hi Drunkenmaster, I see you are looking for a parts car. I have just finished my car which is a 74 260 2 seater and have the remainder of my parts car at home which is basically everthing minus the hood and front panels. I was planning to sell it to a mate but he's taking forever to start on his car so give me a bell if ur interested. It's a 76 260 2+2 with int and L26. I was planning to get rid of it for about 400 bux. Also, I noticed ur having some trouble with door trims etc. I had everything in my car retrimmed. I had the 2 seats done to orig black for $360 the pair and door trims for $75 each as well as strutt towers etc in diamond vinyl pressed pattern. u should be able to find a pair of old door trims n retrim em! have u tried Warren at zworx? I also have a freind that used to work at the zshop in Malvern and he has alot of z stuff at home like door trims etc. I live in St.Kilda and u can reach me via e-mail. I just got my car home today so if ur near by u can drop in n check out the int work n see if it's to ur liking. I have sent u my mob no via ur e-mail!! cheers
  7. getting away from that nasty prick that was harrassing this poor fella, I just thought to add that I spent much time on zdriver.com prior to getting hooked here on this site, but geez that site has slowed since the new format was introduced. Suppose people just don't like change hey! Never the less good to see a thriving freindly z crowd here on a well organised site!
  8. Thanx guys-I pulled the domes off the other day and found the 1st carb to be empty of oil. It looks like they will need rebuilding. But for the moment I'm just gonna get it throught the pits for rego purposes. The sponges seemed ok although i will change them. I'm gonna refill the carbs with transmission fluid. Would this be the correct oil to use? A friend of mine is using this in his. I've also found that I've blown the manifold/exhaust gasket. Those washers on the headers I put on don't hold them very well even though I grinded back half of the bloody thing. Anyone have this problem with headers they've used on an L26? ...oh and urine in my fuel tank???...well what can i say, that's just left me speechless!!!...well hopefully that's not the case, but yes Gary I will definately check out the float bowls as you are the 3rd person to mention this so hopefully the problem will be fixed tommorrow seeing i want to get it registered and then lowered 2 inches as soon as possible. thanx fella's, hope to post some pix soon!
  9. I just drove my car home from the paint shop with it's nice new red paint job. It has been a long wait seeing it is a hobby car and left it in a freinds shop in which it sat for about 6 months before it was finally finished. The engine bay got vey dusty including my ramflow filters on the SU's. The drive home was slow, had to keep the revs up so it would'nt stall. Very rough idle, sounded like only 1 carb was working. At the moment I'm in the process of putting all the new door seals and retrimmed int back into the car and will see to the carbies next. Before i start cleaning up around those carbies any tips to offer. Could dust have got through the spongy filter n into the carbs??? I hope I don't get hassles from them. open to advice guys!
  10. toecutter commented on Saint's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  11. I have 74' 260. I recently resprayed it but I was unhappy with the white int and decided to go black. I had the seats and door trimms retrimmed to original. Seeing the plastics were in reasonable condition hit them with the vinyl paint. Came up looking like new from fact and amazingly does'nt scratch off very easily. Anyway it's the second car I've done it to and seeing they are panels in the rear that don't come into contact with much I think it will be fine for years to come. Definately a good cheap alternative if your plastics are still crack free!
  12. toecutter commented on auxilary's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.