Everything posted by toecutter
-
What is the story on this
I also own a 260 parts car with the same single carb set up. Never got to drive it with this set up coz i got down to stripping the car straight away-what would the performance be like compared to the early bell tops?
-
My First Flash Site.
Yer must get together for a beer and talk further, I'll PM u my mob number. I live in St.Kilda but work on my car up at my folks place in Sydenham near Warrens place and Nathans place. I think you know both. Anyways I work alot of weekends too but I'm on line at work all nite so you can always get a message through!
-
My First Flash Site.
Oh, I forgot to metion check out www.freeservers.com
-
My First Flash Site.
Hi Gav, I finally got to see your site. I like what you did. Are you thinking of making a full time site? If you do there quite a few of us here in Melbourne that would refer to it on a regular basis. I was thinking of doing something similar but dedicated purely for Great Ocean road drives, just as a reference point for maps, times etc. I've got a few freinds with zeds including myself and we thought this would be a good reference point for all that wanted to have a monthly get together for such a drive. If you go ahead to put together a permanent site could you possibly incude something like this. After each trip photos could be posted and site could include maps etc. Anyways just some ideas if you do go ahead with it. Cheers Sulio.
-
Brand new Z owner - Door Lock Question
I've got a 74' 260 and had some problems with the locks. I took off the door trims yesterday and fixed em. I hate the way i always need to use a key to lock them and every time a freinds gettiing out of the car i need to explain they cannot lock it when they close the door. Anyway i had a couple of central kits spare in the garage and tought i'd try connecting them myself. I had 30 min spare and managed to instal the drivers side using a bracket i made up and bolted it to existing bolts in the door. I can't beleive how good it's working considering how quick and easy it was to install. Well tomorrow I will add the passenger side and it will eventually be connected to an alarm, within the next few days. So no more door locking problems hopefully!!!
-
Perth Z-car register
Hi halz, Thats a great effort. Good to see u guys in Perth banding together. Is there such a site just for zeds in Melb that u know of? Oh and by the way, that is a very nice yellow zed on the home page of your site. Is that a mambers car?
-
My First Flash Site.
hmmm gav i'm trying to access it now from work on cable...spew it's not working for me!
-
260Z 2+2 Perth $$$$$$
Seeing these price rises makes me want to keep spending on my car, hmm what to add next????it would have to be central locking!
-
L28e... diesal... from 81-84 Maxima's (810)....
suppose if u want to own one of those "cool" zeds that sound like a tractor it might be a good idea.
-
Opinions on those Clear Headlight Covers... for an Z
Yes escanlon u r on the money!!!that is ecactly what i was talking about, that is the only style I would put on to my headlights. The chrome trimming makes such a big difference. Good detective work!
-
Opinions on those Clear Headlight Covers... for an Z
A freind of mine has a chrome trim that is screwed on to the outside of the headlight area that gives it that e-type jag look. He has had these for years and I have'nt seen them on a zed before. So the sit on the perimiter of the plastic should that be added too. They have'nt been used since he too does'nt wish too drill holes in the area. MAX, your location is not listed but if it is Australia I have a freind with a spare g-nose that might be for sale should u need one.
-
Sweet '70 240Z $9000.00
Very nice-neat car
-
Need a new squirter pump ?
Excellent-it's quirky bits of onfo that keep me coming back to this site. New water pump coming up tomorrw. Good work mate!
-
interchangable parts for zed
yes, a list would be a great reference.
-
badges or badgeless???
Gee guys how much nicer is a 280 zx hood emblem to that of the 240 one. I like the fact it is thinner and only has a Z on it but is still chrome. Much nicer in my opinion!
-
tip-new door seals
I added new door seals, (from 'rare spares' in melbourne), to my car after the respray. The ones that actually fit on the body, ("door jams"). Although the ones I bought were made for the 260z and fit well, my door was'nt closing well on both sides due to the thickness of the new seals. I adjusted them as best i could living with the fact that both did'nt close flush with the body. This was the second z i had this prob with including a couple of freinds cars who simply just put up with it. Anyway I found the simple solution was to remove the seal partially and using a block of wood tap in the offending section of metal about 2-3mm. That is from the base of the rear 1/4 window down to the bottom of the "door jam". Essentially u r just bending that area in so the door can come in a little further. No damage was done and there is no visible difference but my doors are finally closing nicely!
-
interchangable parts for zed
yeah sounds like u really missed out on that one. I recently met 'Gee' and he just picked up a 280zx dizzy from 'pick a part' for $30. Well i thought there must be quite a few bits n peices that are identical between the diff cars, like stereo and heater knobs, door handles, barrels etc
-
interchangable parts for zed
I recently spoke to another member here about parts on other datsuns that are identical to the ones used on the zed. He happen to mention that 120Y door handles are the same as early zeds. Is there a listing of parts anywhere of interchangable parts between different datsuns to the zed. I'm sure the manufacturer used many and such a list could make it easier and cheaper to locate some parts.
-
badges or badgeless???
I have a freind with a silver 240 and that rear panel is chromed. Will try n post pix soon.
-
badges or badgeless???
thanx jeff. I've decided to add the early model badges and respray the rear panel, (where the lights are), the original dark grey seeing the silver looks a little tacky up against the red.
-
badges or badgeless???
hehe-thanx George. Well I am about to head out to get it cut n polished and then the moment of truth. I think I'll just 'blue tack' them on to see what they look like up against the red and then make up my mind. Hey I've checked out ur zed a few times and always wondered what sort of wheels u have. I was looking for something similar but could'nt find them in the correct offset. What wheels have you got there buddy?
-
badges or badgeless???
Thanx Steve. In terms of rust, I decided to close up all the holes where the badges go to leave me with either option. I was just going to stick on the hood emblem and perhaps those fender datsun badges rather than the original 260z badge. The red on the car posted was initially the original orange but I decided to add a little more red to it. Turned it into a fairly bright red. I was very happy with the outcome. I also had some metal welded over the antena hole which was removed to leave both sides looking the same and not worry about rust appearing there too. The antena is now mounted internally and works via the rear dimister. Works fine and don't have to worry about having it broken off.
-
badges or badgeless???
yeah i picked up a clean pair of 240 datsun badges for the side fenders for 10 bux from zworx mordiallic.
-
badges or badgeless???
I just finished my 74' 260 and a couple of freinds have told me it would look much better if i leave it badgless. I have decided to leave the hatch clean. As for the rest, i figured on putting the 240 DATSUN badge on the side fenders and the original bonnet/hood badge. Opinions???
-
7leftrear
notice no external antena. Much neater I think. I used the internal antena that runs off the rear dimister. Works great.