Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
L.e.d. Christmas Trees?
Everybody knows how fast the l.e.d.lights pop on when you hit the switch. Do you think they will replace the incandescent christmas tree lamps (at the drag strip) with l.e.d. lamps? When I think of the 'reaction speed,' I think that since the bulbs takes so long to come on, you can only guess or anticipate the timing for the start. thx
-
Faithfull brotherhood of all that is Z, guid me in my moment of temptation!
Yeah, but don't touch the keyboard and then put your fingers near your mouth. Who knows who else has been touching the keys after being in a public place? :sick:
-
Some cool Speed trivia
Source: How fast is FAST?? You are driving the average $140,000 Lingenfelter "twin-turbo" powered Corvette Z06. Over a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged and ready to launch down a quarter mile strip as you pass. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the 'Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line and past the dragster at an honest 200 mph. The 'tree' goes green for both of you at that moment. The dragster launches and starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums and within 3 seconds the dragster catches and passes you. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter mile away from where you just passed him. Think about it, from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 mph and not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race course. That, folks, is acceleration.
-
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Not bad. Beautiful
-
battery hookup
How about that DeOxit 100??? I got a 2 oz. can from "Parts Express.com and I got it the next day! Then I used it on the AFM connector. How about that bubbling action??? It shined up the blades right quick. The D5 spray didn't bubble, or clean any, afaik. At $12 a 2oz. can, it's expensive, but it really did a job on the corrosion. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can do the wipers, headlights, and the engine connectors. I think I just need to get a bigger can of the DeOXit 100, and some CorrosionX. thx
-
350Z-Style Stubby Antenna on Early Z?
You can also get those antenna pods that fit to the inside of the glass, so you can put it in a place less noticeable
-
Faithfull brotherhood of all that is Z, guid me in my moment of temptation!
I leave the racing to cars on TV. Remember Mr. Magnum drove on closed roads, with all the necesary permits to break speed limits.
-
Faithfull brotherhood of all that is Z, guid me in my moment of temptation!
I don't remember ever making a claim that I drive at "break-neck speeds." I hardly ever exceed the speed limit. I'm too busy looking cool.
-
Faithfull brotherhood of all that is Z, guid me in my moment of temptation!
The neon has one of the worst side-impact ratings. Why do you need a newer car?
-
350Z-Style Stubby Antenna on Early Z?
I suppose any thin wire will work. I think it would be best if you figure out the right length for the radio babd(s) you are using, or have it tuned.
-
350Z-Style Stubby Antenna on Early Z?
You shouldn't haveto modify anything. Just run the coax under the dash, then feed the tape up the windshield glass to the top, then across. It's just a thin strip (~1cm) of tape with a thin wire in it. NOT one of those black, glass-mounted antenna pods things! On-Glass antenna
-
350Z-Style Stubby Antenna on Early Z?
You can get an antenna that goes on the inside of the window (windscreen or rear window). it's embedded in a thin strip of clear tape. I remember Chevys had them in the 80s. Maybe I can find you a link. thx
-
Great deal on 240 & early 260Z Tokico illuminas with springs Brand new! (Ebay)
Are you suggesting that the springs come matched somehow in sets? Or do you think the whole batch of springs is like that. I don't think lowering 1 inch will hurt the car. I like a stiff ride, and I don't usually drive on roads that need large amount of suspension travel, but I like the little bumps smoothed out. OH- If those things fit the 240Z and the 260Z, would they also fit the 280Z? thx
-
Control Valve and EGR Control Valve wiring
Many of the 2-pole connectors on the engine are just injector connectors. By control valve, do you mean the Aux Air Valve? It lets a little extra air into the intake so your engine idles higher while a little heater inside makes a bimetal valve close off slowly. Mine was dead, so I had to order a new one. Can you give any specifics or some more details about the EGR valve? There are several components involved in controlling the EGR thx
-
Great deal on 240 & early 260Z Tokico illuminas with springs Brand new! (Ebay)
He mentioned in the first auction that the springs will lower 1 inch. Is that the usual for t he springs, or just for the one set?
-
Good Helmet to Get
In which movie(s) did Paul Newman wear those?
-
How Fast Is Fast To You?
I doubt the cockpit was open at that speed.
-
Good Helmet to Get
I don't th9ink so. I don't think I could see out of that, and I didn't see the SA 2000 sticker on it.
-
Electrolytic Rust Removal
It looks like you didn't read the product description through. IYou can now get pads that have thte liquid in it so you can apply it to area too big to submerge. So, in addition to $1 of soda, you need a power supply, electrode(s) and you don't even know if it will work right until you practice on smaller items first. You better make sure the can doesn't turn into an electrode and dissolve. Maybe try a plastic container? LOOK. READ.
-
Good Helmet to Get
What? I'm surprised nobody mentioned the H.A.N.S device. I was originally going to try this topic as a poll: "Which helmet do you use or have?" I thought I'd have a little fun with a "serious subject. "
-
Electrolytic Rust Removal
YOu should look into the Evaporust product. You can now get it in some pads that you put onto the affected area and it takes the rust off. But since you are going to immerse the item, you could just bip it in evaporust and it would get the rust off that way. http://www.orisonmarketing.com/corrosion/evaporust/evapo-rust.html
-
Good Helmet to Get
Actually, I started this topic because my search didn't turn up any recommendarion or useful stuff regarding helmets & competition. Maybe somebody else would like to start somed topics on clothing, shoes, support gear ( stuff you keep in the car) or whatever else? I think Zguitar (#2) and SuperDave (#4) had the best comments. thx.
-
Good Helmet to Get
I learned to wear a seat belt in the 80's. My car had vinyl seats, and if you didn't have it on, you'd wind up sliding onto the floor. It's also the state law in Ohio, and should be that way everywhere.
-
How Fast Is Fast To You?
Vicky- ZCar.com? Why? Do they have members even more shallow than we have?
- How Fast Is Fast To You?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.