Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
Polished FI intake manifold
I was just going to ask how you'd get in there with the abrasives, although you could probably do it the hard way/slowly and save big $ with sandpaper on a very long & flexible stick.
-
OEM color of grill on hood?
What do you think of chrome?
-
FUSE problems post vandalism
Did your car run well beforethe radio was stolen? How was the radio stolen? Was it just yanked out forcefully, or was it removed by cutting wires hurriedly or randomly or carefully? If it was yanked out, I'd check all the wires in the area to see if they are cut on sharp metal in the area (and exposed) and shorting to the mchassis, and possibly the same thing with wires that were just cut. Follow where the cut wires go, then use your wiring diagram and fix those. If the car was fine before, then it's logical to assume that something was done to wires in the area during the vandalism, and probably isolated to the radio area & wiring.
-
ECZA Fall Meet-Concordville Nissan 11/5/05
No.. I said " a link to a map or a hint to the location. ( like 20 miles west of Philadelphia)." I didn't ask for any directions. If you didn't understand my comment why didn't you ask me to explain myself? The map on the dealers web site is so small, it took me 10 minutes to zoom out far enough to see Philadelphia on there. So unless you live in the area or know the area, that dealer's map has no value to somebody from out of state- like Ohio or Indiana, Mich, Canada. etc.
-
ECZA Fall Meet-Concordville Nissan 11/5/05
You could have just said it was in the Philadelphia area... 500 miles each way is a little much for a one-day trip.
-
ECZA Fall Meet-Concordville Nissan 11/5/05
Where is Concordville PA??? I wish people would include a link to a map or a hint to the location. ( like 50 miles NE of Pitssberg). For once, I'd like to see a Z meet where they DON'T push the presence of the 350Z! Can I assume there will be some REAL Zs there? If it wasn't so far, I'd go (I'm in Cleveland, OH and my club is planning on going)
-
77 FI throttle body??
I think parts you'll need depends on what you want to do with the engine. Fuel Injection is better for gas mileage, and the carbs are better for performance, like holeshots & such. I've been in an injected car tho, that pushed you back into the seat so you couldn't lift your arms, but that engine was *a little modified).
-
that electrical resistor thinggy...
The noise suppressors are usually a small aluminum/chrome (shiney) can with a tab that's bolted to the alternator or whatever. You might have one on the ignition coil. If it's a resistor, it'll look like a small firebrick with a wire lead out each end.
-
One for the rice boys
And I thought the L.E. D. valve caps were dumb. Which is dumber than wheel spinners. :sick:
-
Posting your ride, please read!
At least I make the EFFORT to discover OTHER sections or NEW sections you can go on this web site, besides the turbo section!!
-
Posting your ride, please read!
You mean some information has lost its relavance for you. And being an 'advanced web site' has nothing to do with how relavant information is.
-
Posting your ride, please read!
What is it to you? Do you have a point? There's no expiration on information.yeesh
-
Posting your ride, please read!
I thought you meant to strip halfway naked, hose yourself with oil, and lay on the hood...
-
new ignition module and more problems
which leads are those?Is there something other than an OEM replacement forthe ignition module? I'd like to get some information on a 'performance' one. thx
-
Engine Detailing Goodies
Will, you need to get back to the Maxima transmission problem....
-
Posting your ride, please read!
Still need to determine what you'll have this person doing with or on a car. Maybe some ladies can chime in on this one? How about a cup o tea?
-
Injectors
So for a set it would be about US$300 delivered, and I'll keep the other $1700 on account?
-
Posting your ride, please read!
What would a guy 'hotty' look like, or be doing with/on a car, bicep curls using the bumper?
-
Engine Detailing Goodies
Your looks nice & clean, but mine has fuel injection stuff all over, a fan shroud, emmissions stuff, etc. I prefer the cleaner look of the nuts & bolts showing (nicely polished or shiney) to the bolt covers. I'll have to start with polishing the valve cover, and go from there.
-
Anybody dressing up their car for Halloween?
How do you costume "envy?"
-
High performance Ignition module?
Is there such a thing as a High performance Ignition module for the L28?
-
automatic
The Jatco trans was used in a number of cars and small trucks, so that might give you an idea of how it holds up. The Jatco trans had a couple four speeds- one with a hydraulic lockup converter, and one with electric. Will is working on how to hook one up to the L28 engine in the S30 car. Mostly you need a modified trans mount and custom drive shaft.
-
Anybody dressing up their car for Halloween?
I can't think of anything to do with my GREEN car. I thought of a frog, but the car doesn't have the lines for that.
-
Anybody dressing up their car for Halloween?
Some clubs or car cruise-ins are having a dress-up-your-car night for Halloween. Post a pic if you did yours up!
-
Posting your ride, please read!
I'd suggest only a few good photos. Like a couple of the outside and a couple of the inside (if you can get a wide angle view of the inside with good lighting). Maybe one at speed doing something special (autoX or rally) Some people take a dozen pics at the same angle or bodypart and try to pass them off as different. How many photos do you really need??? Not just one of the front quarter up close then farther away, then real far away. Take a look at some car mags and see what those photographers are doing. They go for different angles and body parts.