Custom Wiring Harnesses (Part 2) - Page 5 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Custom Wiring Harnesses (Part 2)

Featured Replies

Can someone attach a screen capture of the CAD drawings you plan to build from?

I think I'd lose my job if I got caught posting and OEM harness drawing, but I can comment on yours if you wish.

I'm growing ever-nearer to a Painless solution, but would prefer a "new" old harness. Then again, with all the garbage I'm throwing in my cad (HIDs, high-output alternators, stereo, etc.) it may just be better to buy the best Painless kit and splice to my heart's content.

I'm thinking of doing my own harness this winter on my 72. The wiring accuracy and reliability don't concern me since I used to troubleshoot and repair fighter wiring in the Air Force on Inertial and Radar Navigation Systems (besides fixing the systems themselves). These wires were "shot" or Ohmed to 8 decimal places, not just for an open or short because they carried microvoltages sometimes several feet/yards. Pulling my engine and bay harness sure let me know just how simplistic these cars were made. I love it!

The thing that does concern me are the plugs and connectors. I can make everything else work and look good but chasing all the parts seems extremely daunting!

Also: If someone needs the 72 schematic, I've got the manual, a scanner and Adobe Acrobat!

Tah,

Post it to the archives here(to the right on the home page)

Someone may not need it right this minute, but in alittle while they will!

Will

Tah,

Post it to the archives here(to the right on the home page)

Someone may not need it right this minute, but in alittle while they will!

Will

No need to, it's already there!

240Z Wiring Diagrams

Wayne

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
Wayne, I couldn't get to the zip file.

Did you click on 'visit link'? It will prompt you to save to your hard drive.

Wayne

post-6279-14150794462467_thumb.jpg

Did you click on 'visit link'? It will prompt you to save to your hard drive.

Wayne

No, I didn't. Thanks, didn't know that was what I was suppose to click. Nice images. I suppose you have the vector format versions?

No, I didn't. Thanks, didn't know that was what I was suppose to click. Nice images. I suppose you have the vector format versions?

getting close.... hopefully I can get it done in time so the club member's get a Christmas 'present' on the screen. Mike hasn't gotten back to me yet.

(unless you want to put your monitor under the tree and log on... LOL )

Wayne

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.