IGNORED

SU Carbs

morfirst

I don't believe there is any difference in the carbs internally. One is just as good as the other. Why did they change from 3 to 4? Good question. Maybe no reason other than someone thought 4 screws would prevent it from being warped due to overtightening, I don't think I've ever seen a reason for it in print.

The difference between the two (visually) is in how the "dome" is attached. By either 4 screws (early) or 3 screws (later models).

According to Z Therpy's SU video, the 4 screws are easier to align the piston. Apparently, the 3 screws alow a bit of movement in the positioning of the dome on top.

There are a few other minor differences between the two like the mixture nut is different and little things like that, but the overall operation is the same.

I thought I wouldn't mess mine up either, but I still had to buy new choke nozzles because I rushed my disassembly too quickly.

When ya'll work on these things, make sure you are patient and take your time. It'll definitely save you money in the long run.

Actually, I think I'm just going to get Z Therapy's carbs and maybe a polished intake for my 71, that way I know they are done right. Besides, I have a couple sets here I can trade in or practice on later.

After looking at the pics of Marty Rogan's car I doubt if my work would look as good as theirs.:mad: