Help!!! I think I killed it! - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Help!!! I think I killed it!

Featured Replies

Don't forget the most important tool, a clutch alignment tool... saves a lot of time and aggravation if you get the clutch disc aligned right the first time so the trans goes back in on the first try......

  • Author

2Many...Would Olympic Auto Parts be a good place to get the parts or do you know of another place? Can I get the clutch alignment tool anywhere?

I don't know if they'd have the right alignment tool, but they could probably get it. MSA has them for sure.

As far as the clutch itself or slave or master cylinder, they should be able to get them as well. Since it's a street car, there's no reason to spend extra money on a clutch when a stock replacement will work as well.

And don't forget, most of the time when you buy a clutch KIT

they put one in the box ( if it's a good kit)

I will never try it again without the clutch alignment tool!!

$8 well spent - I have used it on 3 different cars now.

- Jeff

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Shannon,

Seeing as you are in Gaithersburg, and I am at Andrews AFB, I may be able to help you out. I have done many z clutches, and have all the tools necessary to diagnose your problem and help to steer you in the right direction.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.