IGNORED

Wanted: Rust free straight 240 tub

ojerryo

I'm new to this site and looking for resources. I recently sold my 73' 240Z that I've had since 1985. :( I always wanted to fix it up right, but years of being a poor student led to years of storage . . . and as the saying goes, "rust never sleeps." :devious: Now I'm getting into a position where I can spend the time and the $$ on a project. I've been told there are places out in AZ and CA that have 240 tubs. Basically I'm looking at trying to get a solid framed 240 for a full restoration project over the course of the next 3 or 4 years. Obviously I don't want to pay too much for a car that I'm going to start from scratch with, but starting out with something relatively rust free and straight is a must. Any resources for the acquiring such a car would be appreciated. . . . Jerry

Unless you really enjoy doing work yourself and have lots of time to spare you're better off buying the best car you can to start with. If spending an extra $1000 will save you 100 hours of work then it all comes down to what your time is worth to you.

i dont know if this is what your looking for but, i have a 72 240z with a small block 350 in it. i was told the motor is from an early 70s vette. the convertion to the 350 was done in livermore ca. the car has been sitting for almost a year but it is clean (except for the dust) no rust. if your intrested let me know.